• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SoCal Beach Party/Corn Roast - CORRECTED DATE: July 18, 2009

It's that time of year again and the corn is ready to eat.

The annual Huntington Beach NSX beach party is set for July 18.

July 18, 9:00AM
I'm here at the beach, no clouds, no wind (yet)
Lifeguard station #24 about 1 mile south of the Jack-in-the-box.
Look for the "Acura" banner on the EZ up.

Corn at noon
Smores at 8

(I made a mistake while looking at the calendar. My eyes were on the 11th but I intended to say 18th.)

Same place as last time: The furthest North fire ring at Bolsa Chica State Beach. Depending on where the fire rings start it is usually about 1/2 mile South of the Jack-in-the-box.

I'm trying to get a head count to know how much corn to buy. Please post here or pm me.

In the past everyone brought chips, drinks, Ice Cream (yep, homemade (MarkAllan)), Duck, cookies, (what did I miss?) etc.

I usually get to the beach at 6AM to save the fire ring. The corn is usually ready to eat at any time after 12 or 1 PM. We usually stay till they kick us out at 10 PM. (smores)

Come when you want. Leave when you want. Bring something to share.

I do have some fire wood but if anyone has more that they want to burn please bring it. It is not necessary to go buy wood.

Take the 405 to Huntington Beach Goldenwest exit, go south towards the beach. Turn North on PCH to Bolsa Chica State Beach. There is only one entrance, turn left into the park then go more North to the furthest North Fire Ring. Look for the Acura Banner. (It is kinda small so look closely) If you get to the parking lot exit (Jack-in-the-Box) you have gone too far.

Many people do bring their NSXs but they will need a wash by the end of the day.

"I'll bring the corn"
Woodwork.

Last edited:
Re: SoCal Beach Party/Corn Roast July 11

I never knew about this....what time does this happen? and do people usually bring their NSX?

Hey Kent...it's been awhile since I've been to one of these. Kinda last minute, so I'm not sure yet if I can make it.

Eddie, it's all about the corn! Some people do bring their cars, but more show up with guests.

What is the start time????

Hello, Woodwork! Don't know if you remember me but my (then) husband and I sat with you and your wife at a Megameet in 2004 when you gave a talk at the Honda World. I fondly remember you and, Katherine, isn't it? I would love to come to this get together but on my way to Colorado that day, in my NSX (it's first road trip with me) to show it off to my sister and her family. :biggrin:

Re: SoCal Beach Party/Corn Roast July 18

All:
I edited my first post with times and instructions to the beach.

Sideways:

Yes, please come,

Kyras:
I met you last month at the Acura store. You looked confused and later I figured out that I didn't introduce myself as Woodwork.

Does the 18th work better for you?

"I'll bring the Corn"
Woodwork

Re: NSX Beach Party July 11 should be July18

Cool no problem I'll definitely try to make it.

Re: SoCal Beach Party/Corn Roast July 18

All:
I edited my first post with times and instructions to the beach.

Sideways:

Yes, please come,

Kyras:
I met you last month at the Acura store. You looked confused and later I figured out that I didn't introduce myself as Woodwork.

Does the 18th work better for you?

"I'll bring the Corn"
Woodwork

Oh! When someone, Tom was it(?), came over with you and said that you and I had met before, at some meet? Was that you? I totally forget what you look like but I remember really enjoying talking to you, your wife, and another S guy (Hockey), who's since surfaced and then disappeared again.

Yes, I can make the 18th! :smile: And I like corn. I'll bring some kind of goodie, like lemon bars or brownies, etc.

I hope to bring my manfriend, Jerry, too, and he'll like corn on the cob, too.

Last edited:
Re: NSX Beach Party July 11 should be July18

I'm glad for the change. I can make that date!

Sandi and I will be there and will bring Vegies and Rolled finger sandwiches.

I will also be offering to give folks tours of our remodeled house:biggrin:

Patricia:

I think you should bring about 1,000,000 of your famous BROWNIES!!!!:tongue::biggrin:

Sandi and I will be there and will bring Vegies and Rolled finger sandwiches.

I will also be offering to give folks tours of our remodeled house:biggrin:

Patricia:

I think you should bring about 1,000,000 of your famous BROWNIES!!!!:tongue::biggrin:

Ah, I have another brownie junkie, do I? :smile:

I was at South Coast Acura today. Didn't see you. Don't you work there, Steve?

Sorry Patricia, I do not work at SCA. I work for Boeing in Long Beach. I think you may have me confused with Ferddie wo does work at SCA.

And oh yes, I am SO hooked on those Brownies! I think we should change you name on Prime to Brownie Pusher!:wink::biggrin:

Sorry Patricia, I do not work at SCA. I work for Boeing in Long Beach. I think you may have me confused with Ferddie wo does work at SCA.

And oh yes, I am SO hooked on those Brownies! I think we should change you name on Prime to Brownie Pusher!:wink::biggrin:

I think I'm just confused in general. I am over 50 now. :rolleyes:

It's funny how much people like those brownies. I've got the S2ki crowd hooked badly. All they are is the Costco big box of Ghiradhelli mix. I just make them the day before so they can get cold in the fridge all night, making the chocolate chips really good.

The corn is on order, the wood is in the driveway, the matches are in my hand.

I'm still looking for a headcound to determine if we need more than 2 cases of corn.

Please post here.

I feel like Pavolov's dog.

Woodwork

I was there, with my honey, in my NSX, but the line to get into the already full parking lot was over a mile long! :frown: We were north bound on PCH at 2pm, and found that the only way into the parking lot was going south bound. The end of the line to get in was some where north of the Jack in the Box. We saw Tom R's white S2000 and not a single open parking spot. We didn't even bother getting in the line. Sorry we couldn't get in. Now I have lots of brownies to take to the S2000 meet on Tuesday night. (They were in my ice chest.) I hope other people got in, earlier.

I'm Sorry
I'm Sorry
I'm Sorry
I'm Sorry

I picked the same day as some surf event in Huntington Beach. It became apparent by about 10:30 that parking was going to be a problem. I'm assuming that all the beach goers that would have been at the pier were forced more North and South.

Everyone had problems getting parked. The corn was sitting in traffic and didn't get there till almost 2.

Kyras, I was standing at the fence between the parking lot and PCH and saw a blue NSX drive by going North. I waved. Both South bound lanes were at a stop. There was nothing I could do. The traffic would not have been friendly to NSX clutchs.

Thanks to everyone who did make it for the corn. I'm sorry for all of you who did make an attempt and were turned away by the massive traffic jams.

Next time I'll check the HB website before planning anything.

What's the vote, Should we do another one before the corn is not available?

Again, I'm sorry for the traffic/parking mess.

Woodwork

Kent, I thought I saw someone wave at me, but then, I thought maybe they were just pointing out an NSX. Bummer about the parking. I would like to have a second go at this. I don't think I'll bring the NSX, though. Parking looked very tight and door ding happy.

Patty

I'm Sorry
I'm Sorry
I'm Sorry
I'm Sorry

I picked the same day as some surf event in Huntington Beach. It became apparent by about 10:30 that parking was going to be a problem. I'm assuming that all the beach goers that would have been at the pier were forced more North and South.

Everyone had problems getting parked. The corn was sitting in traffic and didn't get there till almost 2.

Kyras, I was standing at the fence between the parking lot and PCH and saw a blue NSX drive by going North. I waved. Both South bound lanes were at a stop. There was nothing I could do. The traffic would not have been friendly to NSX clutchs.

Thanks to everyone who did make it for the corn. I'm sorry for all of you who did make an attempt and were turned away by the massive traffic jams.

Next time I'll check the HB website before planning anything.

What's the vote, Should we do another one before the corn is not available?

Again, I'm sorry for the traffic/parking mess.

Woodwork

This darn heat wave is fouling up everybodies plans. I was on the PCH last Sunday by Laguna and it was a parking lot with everybody going to cool off.

I would love to get up to HB, and the rest of OC for a weekend.

Miner

Back