• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SoCal (LA) HugaBuga Window Fix-It Day

I'd like to go to this. I have had my window fix-it things since 2000 but never put them on. Figured its time to get it out off the shelf an into the car. I don't drink but will happily bring choc chip cookies. :biggrin:

I need a quick of show of hands!

Since street parking can be hit or miss I can only guarantee the ability to work on 2-3 cars at any given time. There now appears to be more than 10 people signed up which leaves the potential for a good chunk of cars idly sitting around.

After speaking with Hugo, we've setup a morning and an afternoon session to help organize this better. Some folks may not have all day to wait around for their turn but it's still first come first serve!

Session 1: Morning, 10am (i'll be in the garage at 9)
Session 2: Afternoon, 2pm

No need for a signup list (please ignore post title, i couldn't edit it). Early bird catches the worm. If somehow you're not able to work on your car at least you can observe and take notes or you can come over another day and i'll help you.

It should take about 1-1.5hrs per door. Less time if you're generally more proficient. He can also stay until the evening - WOOHOO! but i'm hoping we're done way before and take him out to an early dinner or the like.

Here's cheers to good times and good company!

Maybe this guy will show up!
4576082052_72486c594e.jpg

Personal request... if you've read this far down haha. If anyone has a 5 spd gear conversion (JDM short gears, Type-R, OSGiken, etc) I'd would really love for you to take me for a ride in your car. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:
If we are taking names for groups. I'd like to be a part of the morning group if that's cool. I am pretty sure if I wait until the afternoon, I will be distracted by some random shiny object and end up flaking and watching my window fix it things sit on my shelf for another decade. :tongue:

Re: I need a quick of show of hands!

If anyone has a 5 spd gear conversion (JDM short gears, Type-R, OSGiken, etc) I'd would really love for you to take me for a ride in your car. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Will let you drive mine; I have JDM short gears and Type R final drive.:wink:
I will also be showing up in the AM.

Will let you drive mine; I have JDM short gears and Type R final drive.:wink:
I will also be showing up in the AM.
ouuu.. i'm equally excited about this!

I am going to cars and coffee and then coming to you :)
That's not a bad idea. I might join you! Let's see how the timing ends up. Even if I can't go still might be good to invite Hugo to this too.

Hugo?

ouuu.. i'm equally excited about this!

That's not a bad idea. I might join you! Let's see how the timing ends up. Even if I can't go still might be good to invite Hugo to this too.

Hugo?

Didn't think of that. Hugo should DEFINITELY come. Makes for a long day, but should be worth it. Leave C&C by 8:30 would be perfect.

i'm in. i also have a dremel (plug in, not battery).

<-- In.

Think we can coordinate some sort of potluck? Doesn't have to be super fancy, but I'm sure everyone would appreciate some snacks and lots of refreshing liquid of some sort.

List of possible snacks/refreshments:

- bottle water
- soda
- gatorade
- chips / salsa
- candy (m&M, etc)
- pizza
- brownies / cookies
- whatever else

copy the list and put your names next to the above items or a add to the list.

<-- In.

Think we can coordinate some sort of potluck? Doesn't have to be super fancy, but I'm sure everyone would appreciate some snacks and lots of refreshing liquid of some sort.

- bottle water
- soda
- gatorade
- chips / salsa
- candy (m&M, etc)
- pizza
- brownies / cookies
- whatever else

copy the list and put your names next to the above items or a add to the list.

Splendid Idea.

***ALSO EVERYONE, DON'T FORGET TO HAVE YOUR KITS!!!***

Pizza - SFDreamer

Fastrax - ppl may not know it yet but what you machined there will be so key!!! I wouldn't be surprised if Hugo steals that from you and takes on the rest of his concert tour.

Great idea on the potluck guys. Thanks for helping coordinate. If anyone has any folding tables that would help also. I have one but another one or two would be helpful. These can be used for either food and/or as work benches.

- bottle water
- soda
- gatorade
- chips / salsa
- candy (m&M, etc)
- pizza: SFDreamer
- brownies / cookies
- whatever else: Bagels-DASHNBY

I'm going to swing by Diddy Reese for some cookie and brownie goodness.

- bottle water
- soda
- gatorade
- chips / salsa
- candy (m&M, etc)
- brownies / cookies RYU

Mario - You can PM Hugabuga too but I'm wondering if he has already started his vacation? Anyone know? I haven't kept up with the other threads lately. He did bring extra kits with him.. how many? I don't know.

- bottle water
- soda
- gatorade
- chips / salsa
- candy (m&M, etc)
- brownies / cookies

Go easy on the drinks. Save the thirst for the coffee shops. Ur eyes will be drinking it all in.

I sent Hugo a PM. If I do not hear back from him, I'll may take a chance and come for the morning session and hope that he will have extras. If he does not, it will still be a good learning experiance, and of course its always nice to see a slew of NSX's.

Best,

Mario

Mario - You can PM Hugabuga too but I'm wondering if he has already started his vacation? Anyone know? I haven't kept up with the other threads lately. He did bring extra kits with him.. how many? I don't know.

Good thing yours truly was thinking ahead to already ask ;). He HAS already left for vacation. He IS bringing 50 kits with him.

I'll bring some soda and bottled water.
Ryu, I hope you have a cooler, as the drinks will be pretty warm from my trunk. Maybe someone can bring ice.
Too bad Magos isnt around anymore. Kinda miss those chashu tacos

Last edited:
Back