• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SoCal (LA) HugaBuga Window Fix-It Day

I already signed up for chips and salsa. Hope we'll have enough. :tongue:

Sorry 'bout that.

I will bring Brownies as RYU requested.

RYU, your avatar reminds me of Lady Gaga....

4530122489_466032c9ac.jpg

Last edited:
I see NSX1 is bringing brownies so I will bring the cookies. I have couple of smaller ice chests and a large soft/foldable cooler that all sould fit in the trunk. I will be picking up my DREAM CAR, a black on black beauty tomorrow. Being new I can't wait to meet everyone.

NSX1, I love your avatar, still laughing.

Last edited:
Also guys. Not sure if RYU has chairs hanging around. So unless everyone wants to be standing around when done we might want to figure out a chair or two. Even though I am not sure how we'd get them there lol.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I need to change from the morning group to the afternoon group. I may not get there until 3:30 - 4. Will this be too late?

I have a dremel with the hand attachment. I'll bring the Tylenol and Ice Hot!

Can I come by just to pick up a set of parts? How much are they?

Gents, I updated the original post with some basic info. Please read when you have a moment. Thanks!

--------------my $.02 below-------------------------------
Also guys. Not sure if RYU has chairs hanging around. So unless everyone wants to be standing around when done we might want to figure out a chair or two. Even though I am not sure how we'd get them there lol.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
Good idea. I have 5 foldaway chairs I use for track days but don't think that's enough.

I need to change from the morning group to the afternoon group. I may not get there until 3:30 - 4. Will this be too late?

I have a dremel with the hand attachment. I'll bring the Tylenol and Ice Hot!
I have no idea how the timing is going to progress. Thinking back...I've done all day marathon sessions before and I tend to run out of steam around this time. In any event, PM me for my cellphone # and you're free to call me for a play-by-play?

Can I come by just to pick up a set of parts? How much are they?
I can't speak for Hugo but I believe I paid $50/door with shipping included. He should have enough extra sets.

Too bad this is 2 hours from San Diego.

Anyways, I bought a passenger side window regulator last year because the driver window would cut out here and there. Turned out to be a loose wire harness to the master control switch. So if anyone breaks their passenger side window regulator, I have an extra one.

Too bad this is 2 hours from San Diego.

Anyways, I bought a passenger side window regulator last year because the driver window would cut out here and there. Turned out to be a loose wire harness to the master control switch. So if anyone breaks their passenger side window regulator, I have an extra one.

-Meant passenger side window would cut out.

What time is Hugo showing up?

it's great to see everyone is so prepared by bring additional tools to the event, but we forgot the most important thing....mechanic hand soap. :biggrin: yes, I'm sure we all want our hands cleaned after the install.

it's great to see everyone is so prepared by bring additional tools to the event, but we forgot the most important thing....mechanic hand soap. :biggrin: yes, I'm sure we all want our hands cleaned after the install.

What!!! All that dirt and grime is the best ingredient on a pizza ;).

What time is Hugo showing up?
I have no idea but i'm not tearing into my regulators until he gets there! I'm guessing sometime between 9-10am?

i couldnt get a hold of a drill press, so i hope someone else can cover that.

Got you both covered :cool:

I just heard on the news this morning that there's going to be a mild heat wave this wknd. I'm only 3 miles from the beach so it shouldn't get past 75deg but it will be sunny. If you don't mind, I need help from whomever is coming early to put up the canopy. Similar to this... it's a two man operation but easy.

10-mesh-dessert.jpg

If I am there first, you know I got you :)

I have no idea but i'm not tearing into my regulators until he gets there! I'm guessing sometime between 9-10am?

Got you both covered :cool:

I just heard on the news this morning that there's going to be a mild heat wave this wknd. I'm only 3 miles from the beach so it shouldn't get past 75deg but it will be sunny. If you don't mind, I need help from whomever is coming early to put up the canopy. Similar to this... it's a two man operation but easy.

10-mesh-dessert.jpg

Would like to join you all if I am able to break away tomorrow, have had the kit sitting in my garage for too long and the windows are getting slower by the day (I think). Room for one more? Can I get pm with address if you have space? Thanks. :biggrin:

Wanted to thank Ryu for being such a wonderful host, Hugo for changing NSX window history and personally assisting in this window fix-it event, and all the SoCal NSXers who came together and just had a good time. Events like this really make the world a better place to live!

Ryu,

Sorry that I was a no-show. The event I was attending earlier in the day extend well into the late afternoon. Hugo was going to bring a set for me. I'll contact him to get them another way, perhaps at another fix-it party that hopefully will be held in the near future.

Best,

Mario

Back