• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SoCal's first all NSX track event???

Hi all,

For as long as I own an NSX, I haven't seen a local "NSX only" track event outside of NSXPO. There are a few track goers that I can count with my hands that are regulars. From all the wrecked Ferraris, speeding tickets, I think a controlled environment will allow us to enjoy our cars in a whole new level.

Here is the deal.

Location: Streets of Willow, Willow Springs/Rosamond, Ca (120 miles from OC)

When: Oct or Nov (temperature should be down to the mid to low 70's)

Date: TBD (It will have to be on a weekday, Weekends are rented by the entire weekend and this year is fully booked. I can find out whether they have any Fridays available)

Minimum cars: 25

Cost: $150 (regular track events that cost that much will have 3 times the number of cars)

Format: HPDE with 2 run groups and one focusing on first timers.

A little bit about the track. It is probably the safest track for the beginners. It has no walls except the front straight. Top speed on the back straight is around 80 for the intermediate driver with an NA 3.0 NSX. Average speed is probably around 40 to 50. So it is relatively safe. It is more like a big autocross.

If we have 2 run groups, you could potentially have 4 full hours of track time. Most people are done after around 2 hours (120 miles) on the track.

I'll try to arrange instructors to help the beginners to get the most out of this day out. I'll make sure that it is a relaxing event that doesn't pressure you to do something you are not comfortable of doing. Another advantage is that you are among friends.

So, who's game?

Last edited:
I'm in if I can get the day off work!

October is NSXPO in Orlando so November would be better for me, but yes I'm in :smile:

So list goes:

1. CDub (Chris)
2. SoCalDude (Gene)
3. coolnsx (Gil)
4. Youkai (Ken)

coolnsx said:
October is NSXPO in Orlando so November would be better for me, but yes I'm in :smile:
NSXPO 2006 is October 9-15, so I would avoid anything near those dates.

You know I can't pass it up :smile: I am in. Let me know if there is anything I can help with.

1. CDub (Chris)
2. SoCalDude (Gene)
3. coolnsx (Gil)
4. Youkai (Ken)
4. icefire (Jerry)

Gene, thanks for starting the list!

"Track events" or "HPDE" sound intimidating. So if you would think of it as paying to reserve a section of twisty for a canyon drive. It'll have no cliffs or hills, no oncoming traffics, no campers that refuse to let you pass.

How safe is track events? It can be as safe as you make it. Most mistakes are caused by people driving over their heads.

There is no racing and timing devices. So there is nothing to prove and the slower cars can always let the faster cars pass with a point-by in designated passing zones.

With an NSX only event, you don't have to worry about little Miatas, or souped up Civics trying to prove a point dive bombing you in corners. We'll monitor everyone closely so that unsafe drivers will have to cool off before getting back on the track.

So we need at least 20 more people on the list before we can move forward. There will be people that can't get out of work on a weekday. Of course we can always pay more with less drivers. But 25 cars will mean that the track is almost empty by 2 pm.

Please feel free to add your name to the list if you have a slight interest in
attending. This is not a signup list so don't worry if you need to back out.

1. CDub (Chris)
2. SoCalDude (Gene)
3. coolnsx (Gil)
4. Youkai (Ken)
5. icefire (Jerry)
6. FuryNSX (Randy)

scorp965 said:
Would this be a good event for a 'first timer'? What eqiupment would I need to bring, or can it be rented instead?
I think the only thing you need is a Helmet (SA 2000/5) and car in safe condition (not an issue with NSX owners :biggrin: )

Should be great for first timers and vets!

1. CDub (Chris)
2. SoCalDude (Gene)
3. coolnsx (Gil)
4. Youkai (Ken)
5. icefire (Jerry)
6. FuryNSX (Randy)
7. POWERED by HONDA (Conrad)
8. Scorp965 (John)
9. Wealthbuildr (William)

SoCalDude said:
I think the only thing you need is a Helmet (SA 2000/5) and car in safe condition (not an issue with NSX owners :biggrin: )

Should be great for first timers and vets!

Yes, I think we can have 2 run groups to keep the more advanced drivers in their own group. For the second run group, we can setup classroom time, lead-and-follow and/or one-on-one instructors if we can find enough of them. You'll learn a lot in one day.

If I can make the arrangement early enough, we may be able to get NSXCA to send us a few loaner helmets after NSXPO06.

The list is 1/3 there. I'm excited.

And the count continues to grow!

1. CDub (Chris)
2. SoCalDude (Gene)
3. coolnsx (Gil)
4. Youkai (Ken)
5. icefire (Jerry)
6. FuryNSX (Randy)
7. POWERED by HONDA (Conrad)
8. Scorp965 (John)
9. Wealthbuildr (William)
10. Ogilo (Steve)