• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Socketed tunable stock NA1 ECU...

My NSX is up for sale and am salvaging a few of the unnecessary parts off it to sell and return to stock.

My stock NA1 ecu is socketed/chipped as some call it and am trying to figure out demand and also what its worth.

The tune thats in it runs just a bit rich so would be ideal for me to just return it to stock however feel it would be a shame to just clip the jumper and kill a socketed ECU so am wondering what its worth to someone regarding maybe a trade plus cash or whatever. Figured this was the most suitable sub-forum seeing as forced induction has the most need for something like this.

Im taking it to a Honda guru/tuner in a week or so to have him pull the chip and see what programs its compatible with. I know this is not super common so may be new to a few people but apparently it is possible to do.

This ideally will work for both actually. It's a stock ecu capable of being tuned, currently na but depending on what software its compatible with could work with ectune.

Socketed ecu are dime a dozen for B series. I ran mine with Crome pro without any issues. Would be a cheap alternative to buying a full ems which isn't always necessary.

Back