• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sold NSX :( put some money into my Accord

About 6 months ago I decided to sell my NSX and sold it to a friend. It was a hard decision to come to. I bought the car to enjoy both on the street and at the track. After going to 3 track days, I had come to the conclusion that at this point in my life I am to afraid to wreck the car to actually use its potential at the track. This has not been a problem in my other car. I decided that I needed to sell the car. I did not want to have an NSX just to have one and didn't see it worth it as a "Sunday driver" right now.
With the money, my wife and I, paid off a bunch of our debt and with the rest I turboed my 03 Accord. As a side note, I have tracked this car 7 times, auto-x frequently, drag raced it for fun several times and daily drive it the rest of the time. It is my baby and before I put the turbo on had 145k.
Here are some pics of it and the turbo set up. The exterior shots are before being turboed.
accord5-14-07004-2.jpg

Last time at Nelson Ledges running N/A. On Continental Dry Race challenge slicks
IMAG0043.jpg

Turbo shots
IMAG0155.jpg

IMAG0156.jpg

IMAG0157.jpg

IMAG0152.jpg

And the dyno(stock motor)
IMAG0147.jpg

I do miss my NSX and plan on getting another one in the future. It just doesn't fit in my life right now.

those are some pretty strong #'s for a 4 cyl. Congrats on that.
I applaud you for your choice of putting your priorities in order and doing what is best for your family.
I'm getting ready to probably sell mine to help us get a bigger house for our expanding family.

Back