• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Some new info

Some additional specs and info.

Attachments

• NSX 2017.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 190
Wow that's quite a bit. Are you going to make us read all 24 pages or can you highlight the new info :)

Also, where did you get this? Has a bootleg feel lol.

High compression and 15 psi for the turbos. Interesting they went with forged steel rods instead of titanium again, perhaps they are concerned with ultimate reliability. I wonder how far the stock turbos can be reliability pushed...

Yes you must read it all and there will be a test after.
Sent to me by my dealership.

Chuckle chuckle. Thanks for passing on.

Regarding Specs, I guess the new NSX really is over 87 inches wide. That is very surprising. Must be the widest car on the market. I am going to take a tape measure to the next auto show lol.

Chuckle chuckle. Thanks for passing on.

Regarding Specs, I guess the new NSX really is over 87 inches wide. That is very surprising. Must be the widest car on the market. I am going to take a tape measure to the next auto show lol.

I think the difference is the mirrors. I'd assume the car is about 76" wide without accounting for the mirrors, 87" with mirrors.

Makes perfect sense but it is not a typical way to measure that dimension in my experience.

Not sure if there is a typical way of measuring width. The published spec of the NSX width is 76.4", which must be without mirrors. On Ford's site, they publish both with and without mirrors, which is useful to know for the wider vehicles like their trucks. Other sites seem to just publish width without mirrors.

On wide cars like the NSX, it is useful to know the true total width.

I hope that maybe in upcoming years they integrate a powered rear spoiler. I wish the 2017 had one. The carbon rear lip spoiler just doesn't do it for me.

I prefer they did what they did and designed airflow such that added (CF) or power is just not needed.
Synergistic Engineering at it best.

For those who just have to have a wing (not me when it is a street vs track car), I'm sure the aftermarket will have some to offer.
I suspect any wing can add a bit more down force at high speed, but will impact top speed, drag, and economy.. much like Z07s adjustable CF does.

Or just wait a little and buy the GT3 version to add on?

I've been told on several occasions by Acura people that modern design doesn't require spoilers to achieve the down force they wanted in the NSX.
They also said they are aware a segment of the target market associates a more aggressive spoiler with high performance so they made an add-on spoiler available.

See that is why I think a motorized spoiler would be excellent. It keeps the modern design if you want it and the more track spec downforce if ya need it.
Besides I think the rear needs a little help in the looks department. I dont mind the front like most people but the rear looks a bit strange. Still looks to be a great honda product though.

that add on spoiler is more of a gurney flap..it cleans up the turbulence, allowing for higher top speed ,and less buffeting or instability at speed...

Magnesium fuel door hinge !!!
Ground clearance is very low -3.7" or 93mm - I hope the front overhang is correspondingly short.
HDMI interface in rear console - where is this?

In the below photo, there is a small black compartment directly in between the two seats. The compartment door opens up. The HDMI and USB interfaces are inside. There is a removable bottom to the compartment, and a hole below the removable bottom that permits wires to exit the compartment and into the passenger area while the compartment door is closed.

acura-nsx-reveal-das2015-029b-2-1500x1000.jpg

I suspect the HDMI interface will be disabled in US cars. Kind of redundant anyway with CarPlay/Android, since your video source would very likely be your phone anyway.

ground clearance

Magnesium fuel door hinge !!!
Ground clearance is very low -3.7" or 93mm - I hope the front overhang is correspondingly short.

The ground clearance is way low considering this is supposed to be an every day drivable. 3.7" has to be one of the lowest of any super car. I've driven lambos with more clearance and still had problems clearing driveways, etc.

Back