• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Some new pics of my Champ White NSX-R inspired X

Gave it a quick wash... it'll get a wax/detail soon but figured I'd snap a few new pics havent posted any in forever. Put the new wheel/tire setup on, and yes they are quit an aggressive offset accomplished with a bit of a stretch. I went with 215 35 18 and 225 40 18 as suggested in ScaraNsx's thread but will go with a 245 40 18 in the rear once these are worn.... a bit too much of a stretch for me. I definitely need to paint the inserts on the valance's just haven't had a chance to get to it.

nsxmarch17013.jpg

nsxmarch17010.jpg

Last edited:
are 245's even going to fit on the rear?

the rear offset is just too agressive, maybe you can get like 5mm machiened off the hub?

what are the offsets on the wheels just curious so i dont go too offset happy

225/40/18 in the rear???? Are you serious?? You should be running AT LEAST a 265.

225/40/18s are for Accords!!!!

are 245's even going to fit on the rear?

the rear offset is just too agressive, maybe you can get like 5mm machiened off the hub?

what are the offsets on the wheels just curious so i dont go too offset happy

The offsets are perfect, its your tire size that is wrong. What width rim is your rear?

225/40/18 in the rear???? Are you serious?? You should be running AT LEAST a 265.

YEP, completely serious. This thread and car have nothing to do with Accords but thanks. The reason for the 225 40 is to accomplish the stretch as indicated in the inital post. I went with the same sizes as ScaraNsx had posted in his thread (http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93815&highlight=scaransx) because I was really impressed with the rear flushness as well as the stretch, but as I indicated I am going to probably go with a 245 40 the next time around, possibly 255. As for 265's... thats great and all but not what I am looking to do. There is no possible way either a 265, or 275 will fit on the rear without completely wiping my quarters out. The car is lowered an extreme amount on TEIN RA's (lowest setting in front and 12mm from lowest in rear). I have a brand new set of 275's here that I could have used but that is not what I am going for. I'm not sure if it's clear or not, but the lip is flush / almost outside of the upper lip of the rear quarter.
Wheels are 18x8 and 18x10.5 rear.
Offsets are +35 front and rear, with 15mm spacer front and 25mm rear... therefore +20 front and +10 rear.

It has nothing to do with having the wrong sizes or a mistake made, this setup has been researched well before tried and ordered. This is my 20th set of wheels/tires give or take, and as stated before I have now found that I'd rather go with a 245 40 rear next set. Thanks for the expertise though.

Last edited:
I have 275's in the rears and I have no problems or issues. I can only fit 1 finger between the top of the tire and the fender.

*I like the NSX-R sticker on the wing.

I have 275's in the rears and I have no problems or issues. I can only fit 1 finger between the top of the tire and the fender.

*I like the NSX-R sticker on the wing.

I'm assuming with a normal +35mm offset??

not... +10 though?

Like I said, I may either run a smaller spacer in the future or just go with a 245 40 or 255 40. I know for a fact that 18x10.5 with a 275 is do-able on an nsx, I have done it many times before. All with a +35 offset though...

Last edited:

you cant have perfect offset and tire size. it doesnt go hand in hand in this case. its either have good tire size OR have good offset.

with the fitment at hand you cant run a 275...

Nice paint! Why the STTTTTTRETCH? That's really....unsafe.

My buddy Zishan is slammed 3" or so. He runs 19x10 rear wheels w/ 275/30/19 tires, no spacers. He doesn't rub. I'm guessing you're worried about bashing in the rear fenders right? Well lose those rear spacers and that issue will be no more. You've already got perfect fitment without them and it'll allow you to lose those abnormal sizes you're considering for those 10.5" rims.

41394139DSC01731.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good man, love the baller plate and most definitely the side marker delete. (Insert Imaginary thumbs up smiley here).

I do have some really simple suggestions that would make a big difference. I will kept them to myself. As long as you are happy that is all it matters.

I'm assuming with a normal +35mm offset??

not... +10 though?

Like I said, I may either run a smaller spacer in the future or just go with a 245 40 or 255 40. I know for a fact that 18x10.5 with a 275 is do-able on an nsx, I have done it many times before. All with a +35 offset though...

You DID mention your rears were 18x10.5 on 35 mm offset running 25mm spacers. So you do have the right offsets..... am i reading your correctly about your rear setup?

So what EXACTLY are you going for if you have the "proper size" tires and obviously proper size and offset rims but choose not to and also add spacers? You never specified.....

Damn! you people just dont listen to him!
he wants THIS look!
don"t just blash on him having the odd tire size
he just follow the same spec as scaransx!

ALSO!!!!
i believe his wheel is 18x8 and "18x10" so he use 225 on the rear, but if yours are 10.5 then using 235 will have the same look with scaransx!
buy another falken 452 with 235/40/18, it should solve the matter here! and they are only $100 each:tongue:
Nice Setup! i love that setup too!

Yo Buooee show me those lips!!! Hell why use a tire at all in the rear just run on the RIM:tongue: :biggrin: :wink:

Nice paint! Why the STTTTTTRETCH? That's really....unsafe.

My buddy Zishan is slammed 3" or so. He runs 19x10 rear wheels w/ 275/30/19 tires, no spacers. He doesn't rub. I'm guessing you're worried about bashing in the rear fenders right? Well lose those rear spacers and that issue will be no more. You've already got perfect fitment without them and it'll allow you to lose those abnormal sizes you're considering for those 10.5" rims.

41394139DSC01731.jpg

Thanks Koolaid, I'm actually just a hair higher than this car. The pic above is with no spacers, here is a pic with 15mm spacers:

IMG_4207.jpg

IMG_4187.jpg

IMG_4186.jpg

Oh, and I was thinking of stretching my rear tires too, using 265's on a 10 inch wide wheel, but I was thinking that was kinda crazy!!! :biggrin:

By the way, your car looks great! I love it, but the stretch is a little extreme for me.

Thanks for the positive comments...

Damn! you people just dont listen to him!
he wants THIS look!
don"t just blash on him having the odd tire size
he just follow the same spec as scaransx!

ALSO!!!!
i believe his wheel is 18x8 and "18x10" so he use 225 on the rear, but if yours are 10.5 then using 235 will have the same look with scaransx!
buy another falken 452 with 235/40/18, it should solve the matter here! and they are only $100 each:tongue:
Nice Setup! i love that setup too!

You are exactly right... and I stand corrected after a re-checking the specs the rears are 18x10 not 10.5.

This seems to be my issue with prime and probably always will be... no one on here likes to think outside the box and or mod outside the box. Therefore, if someone doesn't run a 275 30 18 its a major issue and everyone likes to comment on it. And yes, the stretch with the major offset is exactly what I was going for... and YES if you read the first post I also agree a 225 40 stretched is too much of a stretch. I guess it's my problem for listening to suggestions in other threads :tongue:

Thanks for the positive comments...

You are exactly right... and I stand corrected after a re-checking the specs the rears are 18x10 not 10.5.

This seems to be my issue with prime and probably always will be... no one on here likes to think outside the box and or mod outside the box. Therefore, if someone doesn't run a 275 30 18 its a major issue and everyone likes to comment on it. And yes, the stretch with the major offset is exactly what I was going for... and YES if you read the first post I also agree a 225 40 stretched is too much of a stretch. I guess it's my problem for listening to suggestions in other threads :tongue:

Nothing wrong with thinking outside the box, as I am one of those (Shit I cant even find the box anymore) being different is good, but only when it works, it wouldnt be fun seeing your rear tires pass you on the highway would it?

Armando

Looking good man, love the baller plate and most definitely the side marker delete. (Insert Imaginary thumbs up smiley here).

I do have some really simple suggestions that would make a big difference. I will kept them to myself. As long as you are happy that is all it matters.

Simple as long as constructive suggestions are always welcome!!!

I do have the JDM NSX-R sidemarker lights I have also yet to install, as well as paint both front and rear valance inserts. I will also more than likely raising the car a bit and like I said probably 6 times now... go with either a smaller spacer in the rear and a larger tire. :cool:

Hey as a NYer you should be able to handle any comments!Plus if you mod outside the box you have to be prepared to have the slings and arrows of outrageous criticism flung at you.:wink:

Nothing wrong with thinking outside the box, as I am one of those (Shit I cant even find the box anymore) being different is good, but only when it works, it wouldnt be fun seeing your rear tires pass you on the highway would it?

Armando

hahaha we definitely know thats the truth with you Armando... your car is definitely outside the box. As for the 225 40 and the stretch... I decided on that due to ScaraNsx's thread and yes it's way more of a stretch that I anticipated and hoped for.

Why am I running spacers and doing so?? Because a 18x8 and 18x10 with +35 all around for me honestly, is just plain boring. Does it work well and look... OK. sure.
Is it boring... for me, at this point owning this car 5 years and redoing EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE THING ON IT... yepppp :biggrin:

Love the stretch. I know bippu, and it jives for me :biggrin:

The car reminds me of the Tomica nsx-r I have:
tomica02_honda_nsx.JPG

...spacers and all!

There's a thread in the Canadian forum where everyone's commenting on why people mod/don't mod their nsx's...looks like a popular theme here these days. ;)

Love the stretch. I know bippu, and it jives for me :biggrin:

The car reminds me of the Tomica nsx-r I have:
tomica02_honda_nsx.JPG

...spacers and all!

There's a thread in the Canadian forum where everyone's commenting on why people mod/don't mod their nsx's...looks like a popular theme here these days. ;)

hahaha :tongue:

hey its spaced... but not thaaaaaaaaaat bad!!!! :wink:

:biggrin:

Back