• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

somebody spat on my car WTF!

Originally posted by Zanardi 50:

NeoNSX, got some room in that couch of yours?
wink.gif

yeah... would prefer u next to me especially with those sniper tactics u got.
smile.gif

A solution that will discourage people from spitting on your car!

<A HREF="http://www.wreckedexotics.com/pranks/fake_bullets.html">Fake Bullet marks</A>

makes them think twice!
smile.gif

Originally posted by ck:
I have a question for you. What have you been doing for 50 hours a week since you were 11 years old? Isn't it illegal to work like that at such a young age?

We have a family business that consists of my parents, my brother and I, however, I am no longer there fulltime because I decided to go out on my own. To answer your other question. Yes, it is illegal if and only if (from my understanding) you are being paid for your services, which I was but I wasn't. Meaning that my parents would put the money aside and I would never see a penny. Almost like an allowance. When I turned 16 I got a working permit. So, this no longer was an issue.

Originally posted by Zanardi 50:
Not if you don't tell anyone about your job as an under-aged coke dealer on skid row!
wink.gif

Ludgero, I definitely know how it feels to be in your shoes. But hey, ain't it great that life is much easier, now that you got the REALLY HARD STUFFS out of the way, eh?
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 14 December 2002).]

Yes, it is great that life is much easier now but I still plan on making it even easier because I am just 23.

Working for a family business owned by your parents is one of the very few exceptions to child labor laws, and you can get paid directly too. (Spoken as a former child-employee of a family business who once got real annoyed about getting less than minimum-wage that he looked it all up hoping to get some negotiating leverage, he didn't because under paying your kid is legal too.)

Originally posted by JerryW:
Working for a family business owned by your parents is one of the very few exceptions to child labor laws, and you can get paid directly too. (Spoken as a former child-employee of a family business who once got real annoyed about getting less than minimum-wage that he looked it all up hoping to get some negotiating leverage, he didn't because under paying your kid is legal too.)

That makes 2 of us. I'm just happy I'm not alone.

I left my car in front of Yogi's Bar in Cardiff down here in SoCal and someone spit on the driver's window. It was right in front of the bouncer too. I was livid when I came back.

While I was leaving for work today, I got about 1/2 block away and a guy in a truck coming the other way flipped me off. I know I didn't do anything driving-wise to piss him off because we were just passing each other going opposite directions and I was taking it easy with the car being cold. I was dumbfounded.

Do people really resent us that much? I guess it's to keep all the oohs and ahhhs in balance. We can't go around seeing EVERYONE mouth "Wow" inside their cars as we pass. Some people just suck I guess.

Alan

Alan Peltier
Operations Manager
HRE Performance Wheels

'94 Black/Black
18/19 448R HRE Wheels of course!

CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!!! http://www.hrewheels.com

ppl are just filled with envy. Just remember that you drive home with an exotic NSX home and they drive some cheap american car. Sorry to hear about what happened.

[rant]

People assume that anyone in a nice car inherited a fortune from Daddy, or got the car as a gift from Daddy on their 16th birthday, or something similar, and has done nothing to deserve it. (Mind you, in the neighborhood where I live, that's often true, and sometimes annoying when certain teens wreck their snazzy new ride every other month.)

Of course, it never OCCURS to them that the car's owner may have grown up in near poverty, gotten a McJob and loans and squeaked their way into college, driving a 20-year-old beater their uncle rebuilt, worked hard, graduated, then got a crap low-end job in their field so they could slowly pay back their loans and fight and scrape for better skills, reputation, position, and salary, so that ONE DAY, after paying for THEIR kids' room and board and college tuition, they might FINALLY be able to scrimp and save and buy a halfway-decent used sportscar that they've dreamed about for ages.

Nooo, I'm sure that doesn't occur to a single one of the little buggers who I keep my car well away from.

And here's the other thing: As you probably surmised from my first paragraph, I myself have been envious in the past, especially of those who were born to money. But I, unlike the sort of creep we're talking about, strove to make myself an equal by bringing myself up, not by bringing the other guy down. Isn't it better if we both have nice cars, rather than neither?

[/rant]

Anyway, sorry for your misfortune. I'm glad, at least, that you had a chance to learn this little life lesson from spit and not a key.

Back