• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Someone tell me I'm crazy, Supercharge 136K Mile Car??

With the BBSC you can put the original belt back on and bypass the blower, put in your OEM injectors and you are good to go for emmisions.
You don't even have to put the stock belt back on. Put the stock injectors back in, un-do whatever engine management you are running and you will pass. Just don't take the car above 4000 rpm (into boost) and you'll be fine. After passing, revert back!

I don't see anything wrong with it. I just put on a Factor X FX400 turbo on my '91 NSX with 146,000+ miles on it. Just make sure to do a compression leak test to make sure everything is ok.

NetViper said:
Obviously I don't know what is involved in the visual inspection, but they would never see that the ECU is hoooked up and the AEM is bypassed. It would actually be a direct swap. As for the SC, would any of them know if it was a comptech or bbsc?

As already mentioned, this woudl be a little bit of prep time though. How often are you inspected there?

Also...the dealerships rarely know what they are looking at, how is someone paid ten bucks an hour going to know whats stock and what is not on an NSX?

Also...the dealerships rarely know what they are looking at, how is someone paid ten bucks an hour going to know whats stock and what is not on an NSX?

I find a lot of Dealers in CA to be "professional", meaning that they do it for a living but have no idea what they are doing.

Do not equate the ability of a Dealer to leverage their monopoly to dumb down their work force to an independent shop that requires low paid expertise to stay afloat.

I would like to be a part of the world you live in, but on the west coast there is a lot more available skills/talent/expertise than there are jobs that require such ability. There are a lot of smart capable people out here working menial jobs, especially if you are not a "protected class".

Anyways, smog check folks will turn you away if there is ANY DOUBT. There is a long line of customers waiting and you can come back when your have the vehicle affairs in order. It is not worth their BAR license to pass cars in doubt...

Drew

ok I don't get it...

are you going to put a supercharger without taking off your TwinTurbo?

zahntech said:
BBSC in Cali???...They must be removing them before the inspection or finding a shop that is willing to look past it...

Or if you live in a County in Ca. without smog tests:smile:

Age is not a problem.
But getting blown without proper cooling and tuning is.
Mine is older and more abused,,,,
uhhhh what a minute, are we talking NSXs here.
Yes, you can, but deal with someone who will stand behind you,
GEH

Superchargers are like putting in a pool.Go buy another car with it already instead, it will be cheaper in the long run...P.S. same goes for swimming pools!!:biggrin:

Back