• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Someone to Check out car

I was wondering if a current X owner could swing by the Toy Barn and check out this NSX. I am Currently am deployed and currently can't veiw it. I do plan on checking the vehicle out in person, but would like a local person to check the vehicle out to see if its worth the trouble. Thanks

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/d...17065&dealer_id=65042979&mis_search_type=both

Toy Barn
5100 Post Road
Dublin, OH 43017

i just happen to be up there last week, it is a nice nsx. the seat have been redone, aftermarket exhaust, intake, wheels.. it was really clean, interior is all stock engine bay idk about i really didnt ask to much about it. it seems like a good price too. hope this helps you out, good luck

yeah it does, Thanks for the reply. the dealer told me they didn't have the service records, but is going to get the number and stuff from where the car was mainly serviced at so I can give them a call.

If someone could do a good detailed look I would be willing to cover gas and extra for your time (via paypal) :wink: Thanks again

I can try to take a look at it tomorrow. I know the car. Red w/Volk TE-37s. I saw it a little last Sat. I will try to find out as much as I can. It is only about 6-7 miles from my house.

If you did you would be my own personal baby jesus :wink:

Thanks

Car looks great. The paint has some usual wear but in good shape over all. Could use a good cut and buff. No evidence of any body work or repaint. The taillight lens need new gaskets. The drivers and center lens' had some condensation in them. Interior is in excellent condition. The only issue is the radio and climate control surround has some bubbling. Engine bay has been surface detailed but has no indication of fluid leaks. It has an RS*R stainless steel exhaust, and a K&N air filter. Between those, the wheels and the rebuilt seats there is no other aftermarket work or parts on it. The seats look and feel like they have had the padding replaced when recovered. Biggest thing is trying to find out if the t-belt has been replaced. At this age it should have been changed twice by age. If they cannot get you any of the records plan on having the t-belt and water pump replaced.
If you have anymore questions just ask me. I can stop back down there and find out.
You can pm me here or email me at [email protected]. Ryan

I will try to call an Acura dealer on Mon to see if the vin is in the Snap-ring range.

Thanks, If I ever run into you at a meet or anything I owe you some rounds of cold ones :wink: Seriously Thanks for taking time out of your day to do this. Thing I love about this Forum that I rarely ever see on other forums is the quality of people. Thanks

Car looks great. The paint has some usual wear but in good shape over all. Could use a good cut and buff. No evidence of any body work or repaint. The taillight lens need new gaskets. The drivers and center lens' had some condensation in them. Interior is in excellent condition. The only issue is the radio and climate control surround has some bubbling. Engine bay has been surface detailed but has no indication of fluid leaks. It has an RS*R stainless steel exhaust, and a K&N air filter. Between those, the wheels and the rebuilt seats there is no other aftermarket work or parts on it. The seats look and feel like they have had the padding replaced when recovered. Biggest thing is trying to find out if the t-belt has been replaced. At this age it should have been changed twice by age. If they cannot get you any of the records plan on having the t-belt and water pump replaced.
If you have anymore questions just ask me. I can stop back down there and find out.
You can pm me here or email me at [email protected]. Ryan

What do you mean by bubbling.

The center dash has a kinda gray-gunmetal finish to it. It is slightly raised around the drivers side of the radio. You can actually see it in the pictures on Toy Barns ad. I have that problem on my passenger door panel piece. My wife is going to cover it in carbon fiber fabric so no real big deal to me.
If he tries to tell you that the t-belt "looks" fine, don't listen to it. The only way to check a t-belt properly is to remove it and turn it over to look for cracks and teeth separating. By that point they might as well replace it. No dealership will spend that kind of money and time to "inspect" a t-belt.
As for my time, no big deal. I kinda enjoy looking at NSX's.

I see what you mean with the bubbling. Yeah I asked about any records of the Belt/WP being done he said they look good and tip top, but they are offering to change them out for me(don't know if that is before I buy the car free of charge) I am waiting for the e-mail reply.

you should ask them if the radio works..no static or popping noise coming from speakers..dealer refund me the cost to have the radio fix..
check to see if the climate control have any problem..fan speed only work on High, or Auto on High..

those two are pretty common problems for the X..

oh yeah, when looking at record, see if they mention about coolant hose being replaced in the past.. after all, the car is pretty old even though it only got 48k on it..

other then that, can't think of anything else..

goodluck..

i see u're from Omaha. My home town is Lincoln..been in Indiana for 2 yrs now, temporally though..

I didn't get to test drive it. They had it inside their lower showroom, slightly boxed in by two other cars. Check with them if they are ok with me test driving it for you. Justin was the one who talked to me, so he will know who I am. I can check out the AC and the clutch, amongst other things, when doing that. I can also check out the radio for problems. My car has some of the common age related problems with both the AC and the radio, so I have some experience with what to look for. Have they determined where it has been serviced at? IWantNSX is correct about the coolant hoses also. Since they do not have the records they will not know if they have been replaced.

you should ask them if the radio works..no static or popping noise coming from speakers..dealer refund me the cost to have the radio fix..
check to see if the climate control have any problem..fan speed only work on High, or Auto on High..

those two are pretty common problems for the X..

oh yeah, when looking at record, see if they mention about coolant hose being replaced in the past.. after all, the car is pretty old even though it only got 48k on it..

other then that, can't think of anything else..

goodluck..

I see u're from Omaha. My home town is Lincoln..been in Indiana for 2 yrs now, temporally though..

Yeah I am stationed here. Originally from Atlanta, GA

I didn't get to test drive it. They had it inside their lower showroom, slightly boxed in by two other cars. Check with them if they are ok with me test driving it for you. Justin was the one who talked to me, so he will know who I am. I can check out the AC and the clutch, amongst other things, when doing that. I can also check out the radio for problems. My car has some of the common age related problems with both the AC and the radio, so I have some experience with what to look for. Have they determined where it has been serviced at? IWantNSX is correct about the coolant hoses also. Since they do not have the records they will not know if they have been replaced.

I still haven't heard back from him... :confused: I'll ask him if he doesn't mind you test driving it, and checking it out again. The only thing is its starting to feel like he is rushing me on a sale, and that always puts a bad taste in my mouth. He said someone is coming by the end of the week to look at it, and wanted me to put some money down on the car to hold it. I would rather get as much information I can and wait til I am back(about 6 weeks) and risk not getting the car, than rush on a purchase.

Don't let anyone rush you. I spent 1.5 yrs finding my car and came close on several cars before buying mine. I do know that 2 sat. back someone test drove it and they are waiting for his reply. I will just head over there on Wens after work to see about test driving it.

Thanks, Also looking at another X from a prime member too. If it takes me a year and a half then it takes me that long.

Don't let anyone rush you. I spent 1.5 yrs finding my car and came close on several cars before buying mine. I do know that 2 sat. back someone test drove it and they are waiting for his reply. I will just head over there on Wens after work to see about test driving it.

Talk to Justin yesterday, Said that he wouldn't let you test drive it, but they would let you start it up.

Back