• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Something wrong with the "Reply w/ Quote" Function?

Lud, have been absent for a bit. Wanted to respond to some new posts, but when I click on the "Reply w/ Quote" icon on a post that has multiple quote references (ie, quote- response, quote-response, etc), the only response that shows up is the last response.

Can you check to see if perhaps you are having the same problem. Anybody else have this problem?

You can obviously still copy and paste, but would still prefer that all the responses be shown, and then you can just delete out the ones that you don't want to make reference to.

Regards.

I have seen some quirks with the quote function - particularly where there ia already a quote - actually it gets "confused" by multiple UBB codes (whether quote, bold or whatever else) cancelling out each other - it is really only acting upon the logic it is seeing. i.e. if it sees an initial "open" UBB instruction it acts upon the first "close" it sees following that one. In other words it is not really possible to have a quote within a quote.
Personally I think that a general protocol should be for people to edit the quotes to only the relevant point of discussion - too often an entire post is re-quoted, including re-posting of multiple pictures on occasion, sometimes with no real reference to a particular point of the original post, but just a general reference to it.

Yes the problem described is a "feature" of the software. We will be switching software in the fairly near future. Most of these annoying quirks will gone then... replaced with new annoying quirks!
wink.gif

Originally posted by D'Ecosse:
...Personally I think that a general protocol should be for people to edit the quotes to only the relevant point of discussion - too often an entire post is re-quoted, including re-posting of multiple pictures on occasion, sometimes with no real reference to a particular point of the original post, but just a general reference to it.

I agree 100%, and this is what I always try to do (like I've done here
smile.gif
). However, this doesn't solve the problem of early responses in a post not being included. Sometimes, the relevant part that you want to respond to is the first response in a particular post, when all you get in the "Reply w/ Quote" is the last response.

Originally posted by Lud:
...Yes the problem described is a "feature" of the software. We will be switching software in the fairly near future. Most of these annoying quirks will gone then... replaced with new annoying quirks!

Yay. Do let us know when the software get's upgraded.

Regards.

Back