• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Somewhat OT- AoB track car for sale

I know this should be in the FS section, but I really feel that this is a unique case- I ask your forgiveness in advance:

For Sale: Acura of Brookfield GT2 Car.

This is the one owned by me (Ryan Brooks, and previously Mike Bergman)- not the Hunter car. You may have seen it at previous NSXPOs, Gingerman, Blackhawk, RoadAmerica, Watkin's Glen.

Since I've owned it, I've had a new cage put in, which works great for tall people (I'm 6'4") and a new low-mileage engine. I will include the previous engine, which blew a seal at NSXPO RA, but was otherwise undamaged and high mileage. Car is fine; probably needs new fluids and Vasos recommend replacing the fuel cell foam and a new front splitter.

For those that don't know, this is a super-lightweight track car the (infamous) John Vasos built for campaigning in SCCA GT2. It's normally aspirated, but absolutely the fastest NSX I've ever driven. It's truly steerable with the throttle and feels like driving my shifter kart, drives/brakes/accels like a car should IMHO. Extremely stiff and responds to inputs like you'd expect.

I'm working on a detailed advertisement for public consumption, but I'm making this post here in hopes that someone that already knows the car might be interested. I'm very interested in keeping the car in the area and having Vasos still be the crew chief.

Comptech suspension/coil-overs/brembos/realtime fuel cell&wing etc./etc. The car has a title, but is really not street legal any more- and with the cage, should absolutely not be driven on the street.

Nothing is wrong with the car, I just have different priorities now and am NOT getting out of the NSX world, just don't need a track car and it's a shame to have it sit around. I'm concentrating on rally these days, which means I need the money!

Please contact me via email [email protected].

Thanks a lot! I'll definitely see some of you at Gingerman!

9709285-L.jpg

Bump.

Looking for sponsors so I can justify this to myself. Only half kidding. I've been toying with building a GT2 car from one of my NSXs but have been too busy racing and maintaining a couple Spec Miatas. This would be a huge jump-start.

SCCA/NASA/MW Council etc. may not attract a lot of spectators, but they are loaded with people who have lot's of disposable income. If you have ideas for finding sponsors who could benefit from that, or leads to someone who might be a good fit, finder's fees are available. We run a pair of Miatas and may be adding a third. SM gets huge attention now because it is the largest and most competitive class. I'd like to campaign an NSX as well, and it would get plenty of attention just being on the track because so few people race them.

Unlike many people looking for sponsors, we are willing to "work" for it, taking along marketing material, handing out samples, running a video loop at the trailer, whatever works for the client.

Sadly, all the local deals fell thru, so the car is now for sale over in the nsxprime "for sale" area. Would still prefer to sell it yet this year and to someone local...

Back