• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Son starting detailing business advice

druby said:
Good idea., thanks:biggrin:
perhaps a slightly different angle on this experience:

my son(s) have done similar endeavors and i / they found it very helpful @ the 1 month / 30 day point to write a summary of their business experience thus far:

* major accomplishments thus far
* 3 things they did well
* 3 things they could have done better
* 3 things they would do differently if they were to do the month over

(add to that)
* 3 biz goals for the next 30/60 days

pop, no cheating - let him do the write up and you guys can review, discuss and fine tune.

professionally and in my personal life i've found this approach helpful in causing me to stop and recognize what i've / my team has accomplished, what i can improve on and finally, where i'm going.

if you're already doing this, ignore and keep moving... there's nothing to see here ;)

sounds like a great time, congrats to your son and you on the gig.
hal

NetViper said:
I tried that, it doesn't work well at all IMO.

Really? I do it and it works pretty well to me reduces time with a shammy. I do go over it lightly with a shammy but its a lot faster than a shammy alone and I can blow water out of the mirrors and small openings that would later on give me water marks when I drove somewhere.

clr1024 said:
...I can blow water out of the mirrors and small openings that would later on give me water marks when I drove somewhere.

Fold the mirrors when drying to stop that. :smile:

MJK said:
Fold the mirrors when drying to stop that. :smile:

Yes but its a non issue for me since I blow dry my car:smile:
although I am not sure how folding the mirror when drying would help get water out of the mirror housing:confused:

clr1024 said:
although I am not sure how folding the mirror when drying would help get water out of the mirror housing:confused:

Some mirrors tilt up when you fold them (though most hondas seem to fold straight in) so that the water has a chance to drip down with gravity and time.

I generally just use an air compressor and a soft tip blower. Water in my mirrors can't stand up to 90 PSI:cool:

Back