• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sooo, I designed my own wheel.

I no longer work at DT...im working on changing my user name

I wasnt all that pleased with what was available for my car...so I went to my CAD and got to work to create a clean, subtle, HOT wheel. I had my long time pal Chris Coddington program it and build it for me....and I am going to be marketing it for a few different cars. I had two NSX guys compliment them today ( my shop is next to Basch Acura) so I figured id see what the masses thought. Whatcha think??

Dont pay attention to the lip size...these were built for a GTO with huge brakes. Larger lips, and widths are obviously easily attained. Heres a few pics and a quick photochop

pd3.jpg

pd2.jpg

PD1.jpg

nsxpd1.jpg

Hey Todd,

I'm love 5 stars so I'm all for these wheels! Some here may say that they look too old school but I am interested... please let me know.

-jeff-

If I can do 8+ sets, I can make the pricing damn good. This is a forged 2 piece wheel by the way.

Other options:
can delete the dimples at your request.
satin face polished lip
full polish
custom painted center with polished lip

Those look FANTASTIC! Any ideas on sizing/pricing?

over/under $500 per wheel? Other finishes?

hmmm... I've been looking into acquiring some aftermarket wheels for my NSX in the near future. Generally speaking, what would the price-range be for 17x8.5/18x9 (over $500/wheel, under $500/wheel) :confused:

BTW, very nice looking wheel design... would you be offering option of different finishes (gunmetal/hyperblack/dk. bronze) :confused:

nice tod...very nice rims...

haven't seen you over at NT in a while...we wondered where you went...

Make the spoke wider and chrome it, and I will take a 18/19 combo..... :biggrin:

They are nice, but from the top view they look very similar to the IForged Aero.
aero.jpg

Or the HRE 545R
enlarge-545r.jpg

I would probably go for an affordable set with satin face and polished lip.

Hapa88 said:
They are nice, but from the top view they look very similar to the IForged Aero.
aero.jpg

Or the HRE 545R
enlarge-545r.jpg

Difference is, #1...im a ton cheaper. #2, my spokes done turn in towards the lips. That was always the thing I didnt lke about the Aero. Great looking wheel, but with the straight design the wheel has a larger appearance than a wheel that turns in. If you see them side by side in person on a car, mine will look bigger everytime

very nice, but I'm not a big fan of the 5 star look...Can you make a 7 spoke??? :biggrin:

Nice.. remind me of the Andrew Racing wheels from Veilside.

Todd,

Very nice wheel... On your post you state that the wheels were made for a GTO with "huge" brakes. So, the obvious question is; will the wheels that you intend to build for the NSX clear any big brake kit available for the NSX? Also how much lip will there be, if your wheel can clear any BBK?

Thanks,

Mike

they are all custom built. .When we do a NSX application, we'll review the different brake templates available and make the necessary changes. 2"+ lips out back are no problem, we'll go to 3" if we can

I agree 100% with 91 X.... a seven spoke in the works? Not a five spoke fan, since I have that now (stock 91's)

JNSX

Since you say "ton cheaper", could you post the suggested retail and street price so we can see how much cheaper you are?

Looks like 2 piece BC wheel. HRE only sells 3 piece wheel so how can anybody compare? Maybe we can compare to IForged 2 piece wheel.

Todd@DiscountTire said:
Difference is, #1...im a ton cheaper. #2, my spokes done turn in towards the lips. That was always the thing I didnt lke about the Aero. Great looking wheel, but with the straight design the wheel has a larger appearance than a wheel that turns in. If you see them side by side in person on a car, mine will look bigger everytime

I live the wheel, looks very clean. The NSX in the Pic seems to be much too low for me. :)

Back