• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sooo, I designed my own wheel.

Pricing is set... with 5 sets minimum I can do this in a 5, or 7 spoke. For caliper clearance...the center will have a slightly curved center section but will not change its outward appearance much, if any at all.

18's will be 477, 19s will be 564 each. this is a 2pc forged wheel in case not previously mentioned

Todd@ProDyno said:
they are all custom built. .When we do a NSX application, we'll review the different brake templates available and make the necessary changes. 2"+ lips out back are no problem, we'll go to 3" if we can

A 3" lip would be great, what about the front? Any idea how much lip there will be and still be able to clear a BBK?

Mike

A really nice looking wheel.......

Although this thread is in regards to an NSX application, since your picture is for a GTO, is it possible to also make a Viper specific set.

I am interested in a 19x10 (f) and a 20x13 (r) set for a 2001 GTS.

-Randy

made to order, so yes I can do multiple vehicle types. However, I dont believe we will be doing widths to accomodate the viper. Let me see what I can do.

btw....standard finishes are ful polished, or satin center with polished lip. custom painted centers are available @ $120 per wheel. Chrome will not be offered

Todd@ProDyno said:
made to order, so yes I can do multiple vehicle types. However, I dont believe we will be doing widths to accomodate the viper. Let me see what I can do.
Thanks. If you find out any good news on the Viper application, I would love to hear.

-Randy

Very nice. I like the simple design. As others are requesting designs, would you one day make a similar 6 spoke design similar to the HRE 446? I really like that style. I just hope you keep your pices like it is now. To be able to get custom offsets without the HRE or iforged price is just great.

enlarge-446r.jpg

Actually I think iforged street prices for 2 piece wheel are pretty close to these. I had them quote me a price before. They also have a lot of designs to choose from.

ChrisK said:
Very nice. I like the simple design. As others are requesting designs, would you one day make a similar 6 spoke design similar to the HRE 446? I really like that style. I just hope you keep your pices like it is now. To be able to get custom offsets without the HRE or iforged price is just great.

enlarge-446r.jpg

Hi Todd,

So how many have ordered a set yet? Do you have any actual pictures of the seven spoke design?

Randy,

Do you have a Viper now?

Photoshop 7-spoke version of the 5-spoke design!!!

hmmm... So far, I'm really feelin' this wheel design! I am somewhat curious what a 7-spoke version would look like on a NSX (a berlina black one to be precise! :tongue: ). Can anyone photoshop-slash-create a 7-spoke 17/18 setup based off the 5-spoke pictured at the start of the thread :confused:

How does the iForged version similar to this design (Flux? Aero?) compare in weight?

Fxyz, care to share the 'similar' price you can obtain the iForged at, I'm rather intrigued!

Any pictures of the 7 spoke version? I thinking of picking up a set but would like to see what the 7 spokes like like so I can decide on which set. Thanks.

Todd,
Your wheel looks great. I think the simple lines of your five spoke design work well with the NSX. Your prices of $373 for a 17" and $477 for an 18" are pretty good. Thats a full set of 2pc forged wheels with either full polish or satin finish for only $1,700.

This is a little off topic, but I was browsing the Boyd Coddington website and saw a wheel that would look really good on the NSX. Its called the "Tuned" (reminds me of the Fikse FM/10). Can you get this wheel at a good price? Maybe you can add your own design touches to it and make it the 2nd offering in your custom wheel line. Here is a pic (on a Suby, but you get the idea).

9023Boyd_Coddington_Tuned_Wheel_2.jpg

Okay boys and girls-
Had to see for myself and perhaps help others see too.
I took the photo and raised the suspension a bit, added a WingsWest kit and painted the roof so it looks like mine. I think I'll take a set in 17/18 Satin face and polished lip!!! Hell yeah.

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=10835&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Oh and for all the Berlina Blacks out there....
What do you say???

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=10836&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Sorry to all the other colors out there. Love you too. Just ran out of time.
Nice work Todd. It is a "simply" beautiful wheel!
I will follow this post and see where it leads us all!!

Terry
T-Med

good work man! Im ordering on Friday another batch. Right now I have a bunch of GTOs, and a few vettes in for this design, if anyone wants in...pricing is way down because I am ordering nearly 10 sets. Let me know.

I'm sure a lot of work and effort went into making those wheels but I'm just not feeling it for them.
Way to many 5 spoke wheels out there as it is.
Good luck with producing them though.

Back