• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SOS Dual mounting gauge plate- aspirator fan?

You can leave it connected and zip tie behind the center console. We usually always disconnect it and remove from the car since they eventually go bad and do not have a significant effect on the performance of the climate control system.

You can leave it connected and zip tie behind the center console. We usually always disconnect it and remove from the car since they eventually go bad and do not have a significant effect on the performance of the climate control system.

The aspirator fans get noisy but that can be easily fixed. It provides the temp sensing for the interior of the car so if you want the climate control to work at its best keeping it connected would be what I recommend.

I zip tied mine in place. Works fine.

I thought that part was needed to use the auto function on the ac.

I cut mine off the ashtray using a dremmel, and screwed it back on to the back of the console panel where it originally was.
I also turned it upside down 180 deg. to stop it from making noise... and it worked!!! I have no pics, sorry. HTH.
=DREW=

Back