• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SoS front sway bar won't go into tightest position?

I am trying to install a SoS front sway bar on an '01, but can't get the drop-end links into the tightest position. I have all nuts and brackets loose, but I can't slide the the bar far enough back to get the end links into the tightest hole. It seems like it is about 1" off, so too far to try and force with leverage.

Am I doing something wrong, or does the bar just not fit in the tightest hole?

I haven't reversed the end-links. By that, do you mean flipping them upside down? Is that recommended?

I already snapped my original end-links with the bar in the middle position.

Well, I tried reversing the links. It is kind of hard for me to tell which end is up, they both look the same to me. But I did flip them, and no luck. The bar won't move back far enough to get the link in the tightest hole.

I do have the JIC suspension and the links are right up against the shocks even going into the middle position. Not sure if the suspension has anything to do with the issue.

Again, I am wondering if I am doing something wrong, or do others with the SoS bar have the same issue?

Just out of curiosity, were you able to install the rear sway bar ...... you know where this will lead if the answer is no :wink:

Also, is the SoS sway bar specific to your model year? Not sure if you bought this new or used. You asked this question back in 2006 so what happened since then?

Good questions. Yes, I installed the bar back in 2006 using the spacers recommended. The front was installed in the middle position and the rear in the tightest position. No problems at the time. I did purchase the bars new from SoS, but I don't think they were specific to a model year.

Now my goal is to correct over steer at the track by moving the front bar to the tightest position. I will be moving the rear bar to the loosest position as well (hopefully I won't have any problems getting the links to go in those holes).

Yes, it is odd that you are having such difficulty.

Just as a suggestion, have you tried rotating the front sway bar 180 degrees and see if the other end works better - not that it should but just in case? Also, if you have OEM links, they will be at quite an angle, it is not a clean 90 degree mating; test if the pin/ball is moving rather freely to angles in the link.

Back