• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SOS Lagging with orders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya, i dont mean to be some sour person whos trying to bring the company down but i dont understand why sos is taking so long with my order. :mad: i ordered my taitec parallel exhaust like 4 months ago way before the holidays and to this day i havent gotten my order. I called and they kept blowing me off and then finally they said cutoms is inspecting it but since they said that its been 2 and a half weeks alone. Anyone else having problems or am i just one of those orders at the wrong time or what? well hope i get some responses. Thanks everyone.

hi Tamara --

I am very sorry for the long delays with your order placed on 10/14 :( We had several set backs with your exhaust order that I apologize for. TAITEC was back ordered on the JGTC Parallel for 3 weeks. The turn around time was further delayed be our latest container being held in Japan by a week due to weather then an unexpected customs X-ray exam which has taken US customs 2 weeks to process as our product sat an waited in LA - all this probably exasperated by the holiday season. Our container should be delivered by tomorrow and we will ship all items the same day it arrives.

Please shoot me an e-mail or give us a call if you have any questions. Again, I apologize for the unexpected delays.

Cheers,
-- Chris

I will have to stick up for SOS. I know first hand how difficult it is to pull NSX parts from manufacturers and/or distributors. There are many times us retailers can not get ahold of suppliers via phone and email. Sometimes it takes days to get answers, tracking #'s etc. PLEASE be patient with honest suppliers such as SOS. They just like me do this as a great service to NSX owners. They could make a pile of more money selling parts to EVO's and STi's etc, but they choose to cater to the great NSX owner-base.

1swtnsx said:
Ya, i dont mean to be some sour person whos trying to bring the company down but i dont understand why sos is taking so long with my order. :mad:....

I wouldn't call this the best introduction that you can make as a first post here on NSX Prime, but heck, welcome aboard. I ordered the same exhaust from SOS a few years ago and I had no problems as it was in stock. You need to understand that it's not like they have hundreds of Taitec exhausts on hand like Midas does with Flowmaster exhausts. The NSX is a low production vehicle and the damand is not high for aftermarket exhausts like other cars on the market.

[sarcasm]If you want to get it faster try ordering one through DiscountAuto Parts. I'm sure they can get it for you the next day.[/sarcasm]:rolleyes:

Edit: spelling corrected per robfenn. Thank you. :D

Last edited:
All I can say about SOS is that yes they are very honest and always come through with everything I have ordered from them. Keep up the good work and thanks for all the advise I have called and bugged you with ;)

Id buy from SOS again without hesitation.

In fact, they are one of the few non-local dealers that I would have absolutely no reservations buying from.

:thumbsup: to SOS. Keep doing great things!

PS, when is the SC coming out guys?

hmmm...

noticed i still havent gotten an email response on sparco sterring wheel set up....

I'm guessing they're busy...

but to make up I did get my ARK exhaust:biggrin: :biggrin: your forgiven this time Chris and Jeff, because you guys always do a damn good job:biggrin: :biggrin:

Last edited:
i know i know. I commend someone for actually doing honest business like ive heard they do as this is the first time im dealing with sos first hand. So like i said no hard feelings at all or anything its just that im not used to paying that much for something and getting wierd responses like that about shipping and all that. Sometimes not even getting emails at all. It just kinda makes you worry you know? The other thing is that the excitment of getting an exhaust for my baby is hard to contain so its REALLY hard waiting :biggrin: Anyways though im glad to get some reassurance here and sorry im giving you such a hard time Chris and Jeff. :tongue: Sorry i made this post a novel, so chris and jeff keep up the good work and all the rest of you, thanks for the welcome:biggrin: Laterz!

p.s. Chris, This is Tamara's son Chuck and im the one hassling you guys hehehe nice to meet ya. Oh and are the Cantrell Intakes and Zanardi Floormats in stock? cause those 2 things are probably next on the list. thanks again.

I had a very good experience with SOS. In fact, the part that I purchased did not work out on the car and Chris handled it like a professional by giving me a full refund.

Keep in mind guys, even shops like SOS aren't Walmart and they're still basically a "mom and pop" kind of shop. Be patient and try dealing with the shop themselves rather than posting things here and there.

Just my two cents.

Da Hapa said:
I had a very good experience with SOS. In fact, the part that I purchased did not work out on the car and Chris handled it like a professional by giving me a full refund.

Keep in mind guys, even shops like SOS aren't Walmart and they're still basically a "mom and pop" kind of shop. Be patient and try dealing with the shop themselves rather than posting things here and there.

Just my two cents.

I did before but the only reason i posted on here was because i was wondering if anyone else was having any problems thats all because like i said ive never dealt with sos first hand. isnt that what a forum is for?

1swtnsx said:
Ya, i dont mean to be some sour person whos trying to bring the company down but i dont understand why sos is taking so long with my order. :mad: i ordered my taitec parallel exhaust like 4 months ago way before the holidays and to this day i havent gotten my order. I called and they kept blowing me off and then finally they said cutoms is inspecting it but since they said that its been 2 and a half weeks alone. Anyone else having problems or am i just one of those orders at the wrong time or what? well hope i get some responses. Thanks everyone.

How did you come up with an order placed at 10-14-2005 and then say it was 4 months ago when you placed the order :confused:

1TITENSX said:
How did you come up with an order placed at 10-14-2005 and then say it was 4 months ago when you placed the order :confused:

of sorry 2 and 1/4 months ago or whatever, i thought it was longer. Sheesh what is up with the flaming, how many of you guys woke up on the wrong side of the bed lately. remind me not to post anymore.:frown:

SOS has always been good to me...

Ya, i just found out customs is has my exhaust and my rims =( BAH! i hate customs and again i apollogize SOS but like i said, just not used to this sort of thing. See ya guys later.

p.s. i know i wasnt supposed to post again but i had to. oh and after chris or jeff sees this then Mods can delete this thread. Laterz!

I agree waiting on stuff to clear customs does stink.

1swtnsx said:

1swtnsx said:
i know i know. I commend someone for actually doing honest business like ive heard they do as this is the first time im dealing with sos first hand. So like i said no hard feelings at all or anything its just that im not used to paying that much for something and getting wierd responses like that about shipping and all that. Sometimes not even getting emails at all. It just kinda makes you worry you know? The other thing is that the excitment of getting an exhaust for my baby is hard to contain so its REALLY hard waiting :biggrin: Anyways though im glad to get some reassurance here and sorry im giving you such a hard time Chris and Jeff. :tongue: Sorry i made this post a novel, so chris and jeff keep up the good work and all the rest of you, thanks for the welcome:biggrin: Laterz!

p.s. Chris, This is Tamara's son Chuck and im the one hassling you guys hehehe nice to meet ya. Oh and are the Cantrell Intakes and Zanardi Floormats in stock? cause those 2 things are probably next on the list. thanks again.

So let me get this right... Your haselling SOS for an order your FATHER ordered not you??? And then pretending it is for YOUR "baby" paid for with YOUR money???

So you have:

1. misrepresented who you are...
2. Lied about when you ordered it
3. Defamed an honest supplier to the NSX community

And now are wondering why you are getting flamed here???

Well here is one more reminder NOT TO POST HERE AGAIN!!! :mad:

Hey,

1) you need hooked on phonics cause i clearly said it was my mom "Tamara" is a woman name duh!.
2) My mom ordered it using her Credit card cause i didnt use mine because of my interest rate and i paid her the cash straight up so dont try to pretend you know about anyones financial situation.
3) Im not deframming them, i just havent worked with them first hand and it was a question in the end to see if anyone else was having problems.
4) I didnt lie about when i ordered it i just ended up over exagerating a little cause i wasnt sure, but clearly i stated it was about 2 months in a later post, so again Reading on or knowing how to will help.

and lastly, i have the freedom to post whatever i want especially since it was just for the purpose of finding out about problems with my order thats all. Not Deframing, not trying to put anyone down, not being an ass like that just trying to get some 411 is that too much to ask? anyways hope you feel dumb now. Have a good one! laterz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back