• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SOS or DALI anti Sway bars?

I know I want a set of anti sway bars but has anyone tried both or have a reason why I should go with one vender over another?

Thanks

Science of Speed

They are reputable, deliver on time, do what they say, and many other reasons.

Call Chris or Seth up and they will give you solid information.

I am curious how the fitment is different (if one chooses to install NSXR braces).

Anybody ever had them side by side?

Just an FYI,

I went to purchase a set of bars from Chris a few weeks ago. He does not have them in stock. He suggested I go to Comptech to get a set, which I did.

In regard to the NSX-R braces IF you have a 1997 or newer the front bar will interfere with the lower brace/battery tray. You will need to remove the sway bar spacers and move the coolant pipe upward to make this work. This will not allow you to use your spare tire. Definately something to consider. I beleive the 1996 and earlier cars are OK, but I have not done this first hand, so please check with someone who has the NSX-R braces on a 1996 or earlier.

Even WITHOUT the NSX-R braces the big Comptech bar will slightly interfere with the battery tray on the 1997+. I made small relief notches on each side of the battery tray with a dremel to cure the slight noise from this. The 1996 cars are fine, I did one of those this weekend:). The key here is how low the car is. The lower the car the worse the clearance issue becomes since the bar moves closer to the tray as the car gets lower.

EDIT: The pics Bob shows in the gallery reminded me that we needed to shim the back bar for the 1996. 1995 and 1996 have unique exhaust systems and the cat is just above the rear bar. The Comptech bar is thick enough that once the car is on the ground there is a little interference. If you look at the pics in the gallery you will see the nice custom shims Pete made for them:)

HTH,
LarryB

Last edited:
Not sure if "better" is the right word. The Dali bar I have is the "Track/Street" bar as is not as stiff as the Comptech bar, so it really depends on your performance goals and how stiff you want it on the street. If you are mostly track I would surely get the Comptech bar. If you want a compromise in stiffness get the Dali. I cannot get to the Dali site now, but he may offer the street and bigger race bars too. I would check.

EDIT: Just checked and Dali offers both Street and Track bars. Oops, I was too slow, Nick has it all together for you:)

HTH,
LarryB

Last edited:
I think AATA has one for sale in the Prime "Market".

Dali Adjustable Rear Track Sway Bar. 150 + Shipping.

Back