• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Southeastern PA run tomorrow 11/9/03

We have 10-15 cars lined up as of now. There is a meeting place at 10 AM in Emmaus, and at 11 AM in Reading. Please call me if you are interested. Dennis @ 610 413 7725.

We will be doing the Reading Skyline Drive run, then the squirrel trails from Reading to Emmaus. Then a BBQ lunch at a house in Emmaus in the afternoon.

It will be mostly PORSCHES, but hopefully more than just my NSX!

Please let me know if you will be joining us.

CYA!

respects,
dennis

11/09/03 Se PA Run Report

This run was mostly Boxsters due to my affiliation with many people on Porsche Pete's Boxster Board. We did have 2 NSXes today though! Next time I am hoping for more. "Kenallwine" and his pretty wife Eileen decided to join us. They are from the Hershey, PA area. Nice to meet you!

I have included the contents of the post on the other board.

"And thanks to all who showed up. We had 11 cars! And we just started putting this together on Thursday (Thanks Vmac).

A few met first at Todd's then most of them ran down to my house and when Pete and Angela finally showed up :) we took off. I learned something today - always meet at a place where you can get food and coffee.

A few runs up and down the hillclimb race route up to Skyline Drive. Some pics, then it was off to Todd's via the squirrel trails. Along the way the 1980 911 SC had throttle cable "issues" and decided to turn back.

For those new to ESBB runs we found it necessary to make a few U-turns just in case they were getting the impression that things go smoothly on our runs!

We finally made it to Todd's were we were served freshly made potato salad, a special coleslaw type of food, and homemade chicken BBQ. Todd is a good cook. Of course this was AFTER a showing of "Boxster Love" and "Holy Schmolly".

My pics can be found at the link below. Just past the wall in the pic posted here the earth literally drops away. The floor of the valley is several hundred feet below. The hill climb route and Skyline Drive are two treasures Reading has that many don't even know about.

Newbies today were Eileen and Ken in their NSX, Pritham in his Boxster, Andy in his 911 and Chaz in his Boxster. Returning ESBBers were - Vmac and Dorothy, Kevin, Todd, Pete and Angela, me, Jeff, and TC."

The rest of the pics are at:

skylinedrive1.jpg

http://www.myporsche.us/esbb110903/

We had a great time, well...except for the ticket!!

It was great meeting you Dennis. Tod was a great host too!

We had a 'nice' and slow drive home withoug breaking the speedlimit:rolleyes:

We look forward to more meets and getting to know more people!

Back