• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Spacers

Why do guys use wheel spacers is it for looks to give the car a wider stance? If so will they work with my setup? Volk gtv 18/19 with kW 3. Tire size 215-35-18 and 265-30-19

Spacers are used for either clearing a brake caliper or pushing out the wheel so that you have a better stance. I had 25mm on my rear, and 15mm up front before I got my new wheels. In order to determine if they would work well on your application you need to tell us the offset of the wheel. Also how low are you sitting?

I do not know the offset because I got the car like this. Don't know how low either. Definately not slammed maybe 1.25" lower than stock just guessing. When I look close it seems like there will be plenty of clearance even when the suspension is loaded. What's the worst that will happen if I try? Will it bang up my fenders potentially?

There is a tag/sticker on the inside of each wheel saying the size/offset of the wheel, There is potential for hitting your fenders. I have to repair mine as I was to low and I came into a friends driveway on an angle causing the tire to hit the top edge of the fender. (refer to my build thread for more info and pictures). What size spacers are you going with? My advise is to remove a front and rear tire and check to offsets, then buy your spacers according to how "flush" you want the wheel.

There is a tag/sticker on the inside of each wheel saying the size/offset of the wheel, There is potential for hitting your fenders. I have to repair mine as I was to low and I came into a friends driveway on an angle causing the tire to hit the top edge of the fender. (refer to my build thread for more info and pictures). What size spacers are you going with? My advise is to remove a front and rear tire and check to offsets, then buy your spacers according to how "flush" you want the wheel.

+1. Can you post a picture of your car?

19x8.5 j36 in the back and 18x7.5 j33 in front.
Does that sound right

Yea that sounds right.. The front don't seem too bad right now. Maybe a 5mm up front and you can DEFF run a 20mm spacer in the rear for a more flush look. It all depends on your personal taste.

I am running 9 inch rear with a 20mm offset pretty low with no rubbing issues at all
fronts I have an 8 inch width with a 32 offset and I rub slightly on full lock, I am tucking tires in the front though.

It seems SOS sells 5,15, and 25 and they only come in sets of four. I would like 5 mm up front and try 15 in the back. Any way or another place or company to mix and match spacers?

You can order them in pairs at most online stores.

First, check the back of the wheels where the mounting pad is to see if there's any pockets.

abatynyz.jpg

Because the pockets will allow u to run spacers with built in studs

If so, then you can just buy the appropriate spacer that's hubcentric to your wheel bore:

NSX is a bit tricky as it has 70mm front and 64mm rear.

For 5mm or smaller, just get the adapter because it's thin enough, you can reuse stock studs.
For 10mm or more, get with build in studs and correct hub centric bore.

If not, you'd need spacers without the build in studs, but still has to be hub centric. Then you would want to press the oem studs out and replace with extended studs.

h&r is a good brand. We run them on our track vehicles without any issues. KICS is also another good brand.

Most store sell in pairs.

Last edited:
My Enkie Kojins are 17x8 +35 up front, and 18x9.5 +30 in the back. I Also added an 8mm spacer all a round for a total offset of +27 up front and +22 in the rear. I had to raise the front up a bit as I was rubbing a bit. as for the rear, I am pretty low and do not rub.

Wow awesome info guys. I like the idea of 15 front and 25 rear that agressive stance will look much better. If there is a vender that wants to pm me 4twgarage? And sell me everything that I need go ahead or at least point me in the right direction thanks.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and while some members here say that your setup is conservative I would say that I wouldn't go past what you already have and that is only if I was strictly going for looks.

Just my .02

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and while some members here say that your setup is conservative I would say that I wouldn't go past what you already have and that is only if I was strictly going for looks.

Just my .02

........+2

Tread lightly as a novice in the world of stance with an nsx...............offsets in the low 20's on a stock bodied car and lowered may lead to some frustration......imho.

........+2

Tread lightly as a novice in the world of stance with an nsx...............offsets in the low 20's on a stock bodied car and lowered may lead to some frustration......imho.

Thats the fun of it. Getting to know the car inside out. Although I did learn the hard way and need to repair my fenders lol.

Last edited:
Ya it looks like that so it must be a 9.5 I must have Mis typed but ill re check the wheel to make sure. My car is lower than the one pictured by about .25 -.5 inch

My Enkie Kojins are 17x8 +35 up front, and 18x9.5 +30 in the back. I Also added an 8mm spacer all a round for a total offset of +27 up front and +22 in the rear. I had to raise the front up a bit as I was rubbing a bit. as for the rear, I am pretty low and do not rub.

What brand of 8mm spacers are you running up front? I need some. Are the hubcentric? Thanks.

Need 10mm spacers for rear with longer studs. Who is best to source these ?
Thanks.

Are you sure it's a 19x8.5 j36 in the back? Most of the NSX fitments for the Volk GT-V have a 19x9.5 +36. You could run only a 10mm safely in the rear in my opinion.

Most I would do in the front is 5mm, but even then I think it'll rub the fenderliner.

Here's what the 18x7.5 +33 and 19x9.5 +36 looks like.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...metal-18x7-5-33-19x9-5-36-No-Longer-Available
NPJNwxe4X76j2.jpg

You saved him a lot of headache, that has got to be the right size rear. If it looks like that, why bother with the spacers at all?

I've researched for a while on the best vendor and am now using their spacers for my truck.

Totally love the fit/finish and $1 million insurance coverage if something goes wrong (that is something that virtually no other spacer maker has).

It's a VERY high quality part - not some cheap pot metal part made in that developing country).

http://www.motorsport-tech.com/

Back