• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Spare Tire Problem

I recently had to use my spare after a flat tire. The tire is 13 years old and has gotten pretty dried up and cracked looking. Does anyone know where to get a reasonably priced replacement and who can install this thing on the crazy wheel?

The spare tire and wheel are sold as an assembly. AFAIK you cannot buy a replacement tire without the wheel.

whwnsx said:
I recently had to use my spare after a flat tire. The tire is 13 years old and has gotten pretty dried up and cracked looking. Does anyone know where to get a reasonably priced replacement and who can install this thing on the crazy wheel?

Did the cracked spare tire hold air? Mines in the same condition so I removed it from the car.

Yes the tire held air. In fact I drove it 60 miles an hour. It's when I got home and removed it is when I noticed a lot of cracking radialy and even some tred separation. I went to my local Acura dealer and asked about replacing it. He told me it comes as an assembly, tire and wheel and costs over $900. He and I were both shocked. I'm looking for a used on on this site.

Back