• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Spark Plugs NGK Question

I ordered spark plugs from Sparkplugs.com and did not realize that they have NGK PFR6N-11 as the OEM park number, but every thread on the forum and the Helm Manual has it as NGK PFR6G-11! Is this a problem?

Maybe, maybe not. The differing character refers to the uniqueness of the end of the plug in the combustion chamber. Maybe it's too long, too short, etc. Or maybe it just reflects an updated or superseded part, which is not uncommon. The manual from one of my cars states PFR6B-11, but even the manufacturer now recommends PFR6G-11 plugs when servicing it.
http://www.ngk.com/images/NGKsparkplugNum.gif
Just to confirm, the Helm manual is for your year vehicle?
Sparkplugs.com seems to really care about customer service. Contact them and ask about the difference. If their site is wrong see if they'll pay to exchange them. Try this address:
[email protected]

Even NGK says that's the right part #. They should know since they're OEM.
http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/apps/car_truck_suv/default.asp?nav=60000&country=USA

The plug you have is for the 1995-96 model year. I am sure the change has to do with the OBDII change for those years, since the 1997+ is also a different plug. I think the metal body of the plug will be a different metal composition, going from memory, but I thought the actual shape and size were the same.

If you read the chart Daedalus posted, as he said, the electrode is different. EDIT: They are right for your year.

HTH,
LarryB

Last edited:
Yeah my helm manual is for the right year. 1995

If PFR6N-11 is for 95 then I'm good. I'll see If I get any more hits then I'll Call Sparkplugs.com

FYI: In the Maintenance section of the Helm manual and the sticker in the engine bay it lists NGK PFR6G-11 as the correct plug. In the actual replacement section of the Helm manual it lists NGK PFR6N-11 as the right plug. He replacement section is in agreement with NGK's website.

Which plug is correct? My owner's manual says NGK PFR6L-11 or Denso PK20PR-L11. The NGK site says PFR6G-11 is OEM. The sticker on my airbox also says PFR6L-11 or PK20PR-L11. Which NGK am I looking for? Have these #s been superseded with the # on the NGK site now? Thank you.

Once that's solved, I would also like to know what the correct plug is for the 94.
Thanks also....

Which plug is correct? My owner's manual says NGK PFR6L-11 or Denso PK20PR-L11. The NGK site says PFR6G-11 is OEM. The sticker on my airbox also says PFR6L-11 or PK20PR-L11. Which NGK am I looking for? Have these #s been superseded with the # on the NGK site now? Thank you.

What's really odd is that if you do a search on the PFR6L-11 part #, and then click on the "applications" tab, the '97-'05 NSX model years show up (and nothing else). I doubt it would make a difference either way, but if it were me, I would order the PFR6L-11. Maybe they really are superceded and you'll get a set of Gs at your doorstep?

Once that's solved, I would also like to know what the correct plug is for the 94.
Thanks also....

The '94s use PFR6G-11 plugs per both the owner's manual and NGKs search tool.

Thank you...!

The '94s use PFR6G-11 plugs per both the owner's manual and NGKs search tool.[/QUOTE]

Back