• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

speakers

Once you remove the door speaker assembly you should end up with a large hole which can be modified to fit either size. Be careful of the depth of the aftermarket speaker so that it doesn't interfere with the window operation.

My P.O.S. Bose stereo just crapped out two weekends ago. I am now installing a component set of Dynaudio speakers. These have a 7" midbass driver. After removing the stock Bose enclosure, the speaker hole is about 4-7/8" in diameter. The usable depth is only about 1" so no matter what speaker you put in, you'll need to make some spacers. Luckily on the NSX, you have almost 2" between the door and the interior trim.

Originally posted by vicster:
My P.O.S. Bose stereo just crapped out two weekends ago. I am now installing a component set of Dynaudio speakers. These have a 7" midbass driver. After removing the stock Bose enclosure, the speaker hole is about 4-7/8" in diameter. The usable depth is only about 1" so no matter what speaker you put in, you'll need to make some spacers. Luckily on the NSX, you have almost 2" between the door and the interior trim.

I was considering dynaudio as well, let me know how they sound like.

Originally posted by vega12:
hey thanks for your responses. also i am planning on putting polkMOMO 6 1/2" components in the door. if i have to make spacers, will i be able to use the stock grilles.

As long as the speaker, at maximum cone excursion, doesn't touch the inside of the door panel or grill there's no reason not to use the stock grills. The last time I measured, after removing the BOSE speaker enclosure, there is about 2 inches between the door and the inside surface of the door panel. PolkMOMO, nice looking speaker. Too bad you won't be able to see it.

Originally posted by jon69:
I was considering dynaudio as well, let me know how they sound like.

Finished installing the Dynaudio 240 component speaker system last weekend. This is with the 7" midbass driver and the soft dome tweeter. The install went just fine but required a lot of patience to do it right.

I had to wire the tweeters out of phase to get proper imaging but once tuned, everything sounds very good. Quality is on par with the Boston Acoustics Proseries. I am driving the speakers with an Xtant A-series amp which has an adjustable input stage sensitivity (set at +10dB). Also had to install a parametric EQ module in the amp to cut 6 db out of the exaggerated midbass (damn Bose systems).

Back