• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Speed !!...0-60 ?? ...top Speed ??

Speed !!...0-60 ?? ...Top Speed ??

I have a 1995 NSX with around 18,000 miles on it. It's almost in mint condition AND ALL FACTORY! NO after market 'gagets' on it to increase the speed or whatever...

BUT, anyway, I am a very careful driver and DO NOT race this car. Actually, I'm a pretty slow driver. (kind of sad for a car like this though I guess)

BUT FOR BRAGGING RIGHTS, does anyone know the time frame for this car from 0-60 MPH? And how about top speed? As I said, I don't race my car BUT IT SURE MAKES GREAT BRAGGING RIGHTS!!
My friend JUST bought a 2004 Mercedes 500SL (appx. $104,000) and said her car will go from 0-60MPH in 6 seconds!

I've heard 'several' different numbers to both questions, and don't really know what the answer is...OR ABOUT! Again, ALL stock and NO AFTER MARKET 'STUFF' ATTACHED.

Thanks for any input.

wxman2

You are looking at 0-60 in around 5.2 and 1/4 in 13.8 @ 103-105.

You will not have trouble beating a 500SL.

Top speed around 168.

You will have no trouble with a boxster. The Boxster S is a little bit faster though.

Appreciate the feedback...

Who in the heck would you have problems with...I know...a ferarri and a Lamborgini (spelling) of course.

But how about a NEW Corvette? I would imagine you would get 'smoked' from a Dodge Viper also. Is this true?

wxman2

Smoked by:
Ferrari 360, 575, F40, F50, Enzo
Lambo Gallardo, muci
Porsche 911 Turbo, GT2, Gt3
Vette Z06
Mustang Cobra 03 (390HP)

Close to:
Ferrari 355
Normal Vette
Bmw M3, M5
Mustang Cobra 02

You should get the idea..

NetViper said:
Smoked by:
Ferrari 360, 575, F40, F50, Enzo
Lambo Gallardo, muci
Porsche 911 Turbo, GT2, Gt3
Vette Z06
Mustang Cobra 03 (390HP)

Close to:
Ferrari 355
Normal Vette
Bmw M3, M5
Mustang Cobra 02

You should get the idea..

I guess since we're talkin 0-60 and 1/4 mile and since we're talkin a C30 NSX-T, but I was very impressed with the lap times in another post with the NSX being .6 seconds slower than a Gallardo, .3 slower than a murc and 4 seconds faster than a modena and 996 TT!!!!

Thank you gentlemen for the guys that were NICE enough to give me feedback so I wouldn't have to speed 'a lot' of time on the research end of this.

This is all I wanted to know and a few of you knew it from the top of your head. That's what I wanted..

:)

Take note that your 95 is the slowest of all the Nsx's, so those times might be a little off. Your car has more weight, and the 3.0 engine insted of the 3.2.

95 3.0 V-6/ 0-60 5.80
1/4 Mile 14.40
Top Speed, mph 154.00

prova4re said:
Take note that your 95 is the slowest of all the Nsx's, so those times might be a little off. Your car has more weight, and the 3.0 engine insted of the 3.2.

95 3.0 V-6/ 0-60 5.80
1/4 Mile 14.40
Top Speed, mph 154.00

This time is for an automatic '95-'96 NSX-T. A manual '95-'96 NSX-T would be 5.3 "0-60" and around 13.8 "1/4 mile".

Brian2by2 said:
I guess since we're talkin 0-60 and 1/4 mile and since we're talkin a C30 NSX-T, but I was very impressed with the lap times in another post with the NSX being .6 seconds slower than a Gallardo, .3 slower than a murc and 4 seconds faster than a modena and 996 TT!!!!

That was a TypeR, wasn't?

My fastest 1/4 mile = 13.9

I too have a '95 NSX-T. I ran that time at Moroso Motosports Park a few months ago. No mods on my car.

Matt W.

Look at the subject

1/4 mile in 13.9 s

If you ever do race someone [on a nice dry street] be sure to disengage the traction control system. [TCS] The NSX is considerably quicker with the TCS turned off. [at least mine is] But I'm not alone in thinking that.

According to AutoWeek magazine [February 4, 1991] in a three way comparison between the Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4, the Porsche Carrera 4 and the Acura NSX.....

"Surprisingly enough, the NSX had the slowest 0 to 60 time of the three cars tested, taking a nonetheless-very-fast 5.3 seconds to hit the mark. But a closer look at the computer printout showed it would have been quicker except for its performance up to 20 mph. A very slight deficiency in grip off the line seemed to be the culprit. Once the tires got a bite, it flew. From 20 to 60 and from 20 to 100, the NSX turned in the fastest time. And although it was the slowest off the line, it was also the smoothest: just pop the clutch at 6500 rpm [with the traction control off] and off you go in a cloud of tire smoke." [obviously THEY are not responsible for tires - OR the clutch - for that matter!! - Craig] "Leaving the traction control on, incidently, resulted in a 0 to 60 of 5.8 seconds, which isn't exactly poor. The quarter mile came up in 13.7 seconds at 104 mph, barely quicker than the Carrera 4 and faster than the Mitsubishi."

Craig!! :)

Back