• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Speed Within Reach Big Brake Kit Special

First off I would like to thank Sherwin at brakezone for the right to be the sole distributor of his great custom wilwood brakekit for the nsx. As sole distributor I am running a special for 5 of each kit below. 5 of kit 1 will be sold for $ 2599 plus shipping, and 5 of kit 2 will be sold for $3300(retail 3900) plus shipping. Please emal me if interested @ [email protected], or call 727-560-9895. Any one paying via paypal add 3% to the above prices, and fl residents add 7% sales tax. Pictures of kit 2 are posted in the picture gallery.

Kit 1:
Front: 2- 2 piece13" Directionally vented, plated, drilled and slotted rotors (With hats); Pads (your choice of ~12 different compounds); 2- 6 piston Wilwood calipers; 2- SS brake lines; 2-mounting brackets and all necessary hardware.

Rear: 2- 13" Directionally vented, plated, drilled and slotted rotors (With hats); 2- mounting brackets (to relocate OEM calipers over 13" rotors; 2- SS brake lines; and all necessary hardware.

Kit 2:
Front: 2- 13" Directionally vented, plated, drilled and slotted rotors (With Hats); Pads (your choice of ~12 different compounds);2- 6 piston Wilwood calipers; 2- SS brake lines; 2-mounting brackets and all necessary hardware.

Rear:
2- 13" Directionally vented, plated, drilled and slotted rotors (With hats); Pads (your choice of ~12 different compounds);2- 4 piston Wilwood calipers; 2- SS brake lines;2-emergency brakes,2-mounting brackets and all necessary hardware. pictures can be found at this thread http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26903

For more info on this brake kit look down in this forum for brakzone wilwood. I also now have a big brake kit for the 16 front x wheels. it is a 12.2 two piece rotor with a 6 piston caliper. rear uses stock caliper. Two of kit one are sold.
Mike
SWR.

Last edited:
extended

Since Christmas is over and the tax money is coming in, I have decided to offer 5 more sets of kit 1 and 5 more of kit 2. Please see the original post for all information. These kits are incredible and the price is a one time offer. I just want
more people to experience these brakes that sherwin spent allot of time on the R&D. You will not be able to buy big brakes of this quality for this price anywhere.

Thank You
Mike
SWR

Last edited:
Last edited:
working on that

I am gathering information on what wheels they have been installed on, and which of those wheels needed spacers. The need about 7 mm less than do the brembos, not sur how much less than stoptechs.
Thanks
Mike
SWR

Re: pics

slipnby said:
please see pics of tans brakes in wilwood big brake in picture forum

Mike that is all fine, But that fitment could very well be the attributes of that particular wheel.. As I understand it the V-GTC's would fit over many big brake kits... I am still trying to see if they will fit under the SSR GT3's, even with a small spacer of 7mm or so. If you have the cad drawings or dimensions, that can be given to people, then they would be able to mak an informed decision. Just because they fit the V-GTC's doesn't mean they will fit other wheels. The GTC's spokes just happen to bow out pretty far. I wish I liked the wheel, because then my probs would be solved.

special

Juice said:
Is this special still available?
One more of the four corner kit will be sold at this price.

Two of of kit 1 are available for special price.
Thanks,
Mike SWR

The GT3s actually arent that bad. What are the offsets on your wheels?

Is that doesnt work, go here...
GT3 + 6 piston

docofmind said:
The GT3s actually arent that bad. What are the offsets on your wheels?

Is that doesnt work, go here...
GT3 + 6 piston

Thanks Doc, Looks good.
I have the GT3's in 18x7.5 et 42mm Frnt and 19x10 41mm rear
The fronts, as you have shown, would seem to be fine with the Wilwoods. The rears I will have to see what kind of room is there when I get the wheels.
Thanks
Len

special

well my alloted amount have been sold but I am in a good mood, and I will let as many go at these prices, then they go up to retail.
Thanks
Mike

bbk

It was meant to be inthe swr bbk special. I cant delete it so I asked anytime to move it for me.oppps
Best Regards,
Mike

Ahh, the Wilwood kit. ;) Anyone figure out what size spacers would be required to fit them behind some SSR Integrals yet?

docofmind said:
What are the sizes and offsets of your wheels? :)
Front - 17 X 7.5 38 offset.
Rear - 18 X 9 don't recall exact offset, but I think it's ~45.
See this thread

KGP said:
Front - 17 X 7.5 38 offset.
Rear - 18 X 9 don't recall exact offset, but I think it's ~45.
See this thread

Very nice choice. Light weight with great offsets.

Your wheels will clear the brakes with room to spare. Im positive ;)

Give Mike a buzz and get the info on all the different variations.

OMG! That's great news. I have been so close to calling you on numerous ocasions (did one day but you were off that day), but just haven't got around to it. I'll ring Mike this week.

sjs said:
How is the front/rear balance on the #1 kit? If it is fine, then does the #2 have too much rear?

If you wanted detailed technical info, give me a call anytime and I ll give you whatever information it is you need.

Suffice to say that the over all piston diameters of the 4 piston rear caliper is not much different than the over all piston diameter of the OEM caliper. The difference between the two versions, bias (pressure) wise, is extremely minimal.

Got my BBK!

Came home last night and my girlfriend was complaining about how some boxes had come for me and how "stupid heavy" they were. My Wilwood BBK had arrived! Good looking kit, everything seems to be included.

Should this be a DIY project, or should I follow my GF's advice and get a shop to do it? I'm pretty handy with the tools, but the weather might hold me back for a couple of weeks at least.

Re: Got my BBK!

Juice said:
Came home last night and my girlfriend was complaining about how some boxes had come for me and how "stupid heavy" they were. My Wilwood BBK had arrived! Good looking kit, everything seems to be included.

Should this be a DIY project, or should I follow my GF's advice and get a shop to do it? I'm pretty handy with the tools, but the weather might hold me back for a couple of weeks at least.

Juice I installed my Stoptech BBK with no problems even took the hubs off and put in longer studs. I just took my time and used some advice from www.danoland.com per torque lbs etc. The only hard part for me was taking off the Brake Lines I had a friend come over because I didn't have a flared wrench for that trust me mine were tight and you need one to get them off. Good Luck.

Back