• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Speedjunkie's Fall Foray - Sunday Sept 22

Hi Folks,

Just a reminder that Bob (Speedjunkie) needs a headcount as soon as possible to make reservations at the restaurant. Please let him know ASAP if you are coming.

A repost of the email I sent last week....

2013 FALL FORAY
Friday, September 13, 2013

“Foray: To make a raid or brief invasion into enemy territory…”

First of all, let me apologize for being so late putting this ride together – due to my tendency to try to cram 10 lbs. of crap onto a 5 lb. bag my schedule has been almost intolerable but I’m going to pull the plan altogether before the end of the weekend.

The most important thing is that I get a reasonably accurate count of the number of people and cars that are going to participate. T.K.’s needs to know so they know how many extra staff they need on that day and Skytop Lodge has also requested a head count.

The Start:
The start of the Foray will be roll out at 08:30 T.K.’s Bar & Grille in Mt. Bethel, PA - (address that works in Google Maps – 2500 North Delaware Drive, Mt. Bethel, PA 18343). Because the Skytop Lodge brunch is only served between 10:30 and 13:00 it is imperative that we depart T.K’s on time. I am shooting to get to Skytop not later than 12:30.

T.K.’s opens at 07:00 for breakfast and gets very busy very quickly. Please show up early and don’t delay your breakfast to gab too much. There is no pre-arranged breakfast deal – everyone will be ordering off of the menu and paying for their own check - with all the time consumption involved with that. The good news is that T.K.’s prices are so low that even retired pilots can afford to eat there.

If you are running a little too late to eat at T.K.’s, there is a bagel shop across the street from the PNC Bank @ 401 Delaware Avenue, Portland, PA 18351. The bagel shop is too new to be found with internet searches, but it is at the traffic light at Bridge Street. Don’t worry, you can’t go wrong, Portland is literally a one-light-town!

I chose T.K.’s for 2 reasons - #1 is that it is the bar where I like to hang out. #2 is that it is very close to Exit #4 on I-80 so it is relatively easy to get to and to find.

When you get to T.K.’s, turn northwest onto Railroad Avenue and park in the big lot behind T.K.’s – plenty of room to socialize…;>)

The Bridge:
There will be a toll to cross Dingmans Ferry Bridge between NJ and PA (http://dcdbc.com/index.php) of $1. If we have about 25 cars, I’ll drive up this coming week and buy a book of tickets to expedite things and save a little money, if not, I’ll just collect before we start so we don’t each have to stop to pay the toll. The toll taker is a little bit like a trip back in time since the toll taker stands in the middle of the road and alternates collecting from each direction.

The Brunch Stop:
Skytop Lodge serves a Sunday Brunch. The brunch stop will be at The Skytop Lodge (http://www.skytop.com/?NCK=8558286110). I’ve never eaten there and have only driven in & out on my motorcycle but the venue is fantastic! I just hope the rest of the experience matches the beauty of it all.

The Skytop only serves a buffet and it will cost about $26.00 with taxes & gratuity included. By my math, that is Brunch - $26.00, taxes $1.56, gratuity $3.90 for a total of $31.46 per person – more or less.

Each person will have to cover their food bill at the time of purchase, thus no need to collect money ahead of time and keep track of all of that.

After Lunch:
Skytop is a little south of I-84 so those who must go that way will be on their own. For those who would like to do a little more driving, I’ll lead a ride that will take us back to I-80 at or near the Delaware Water Gap.

I have promised to give a fairly accurate count of participants by Wednesday so please let us know as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Bob

Folks,

If you have not specifically replied via email to [email protected] please do so to help me get a current list of participants.

Please let me know the number in your party and the cell phone that you plan to have available on the ride.

Thanks,

Bob (SpeedJunkie)

Would love to go but will be at the "huge" exotic car show of the Northeast in Saddle River, NJ this Sunday. Over 300 of the most expensive cars in the world including NSX.

Sorry, have to opt out....................carless for a while. Have fun!

I'm in...

Charlie,

I think you're using too much brake in the turns... lol

nice touch !.......great fall drive in the NE....leaves blowing,bicyclists zigzagging , very nice ending at sky top for brunch.Thanks for planning this Bob.

Folks, ya missed a great day. Carla and I had an awesome time. Looking forward to seeing ya'all real soon down south. Thanks Bob!!

What a group of really good shoes! I'm glad you all enjoyed it. I really enjoyed myself and I hope to make it better next year... ;>) Thanks for all the kind words!

Sounds like it was a great drive. We definitely need more of these in the NE!

Would love to go but will be at the "huge" exotic car show of the Northeast in Saddle River, NJ this Sunday. Over 300 of the most expensive cars in the world including NSX.

That is why I voted for a different weekend. I didn't see you or the G at the show, did you make it out?

Prednisone and 550hp do not mix well. G is gone in sixty seconds (sold to an NJ Motorsports enthusiast). Purchased a GPW '07 S2k with 4200miles from Tennessee and a Silverstone '05 NSX from Texas. Enjoying the S2k daily and waiting for the NSX enclosed delivery from Texas. ................. "woooo-hoooo!"

welcome back to the game...you have a honda pair of aces.....:cool:

Back