• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Spirited drive in KC

I thought long and hard about posting these pics.

Although great fun, spirited drives on public roads in the countryside can be hazardous. to your cars health and in worse cases to your health. In this case, neither I nor my passenger were hurt.

The cause was a bit of, not much, gravel on the road from an intersecting back road.

The spin-off took out a stretch of barbed wire and electric fence, At least one strand of the barbed wire raked over the lop side of my car.

I'm the one with the phone on my belt and the grin is hiding the shakes.

MVC-001S.JPG

MVC-002S.JPG

MVC-003S.JPG

MVC-004S.JPG

MVC-006S.JPG

The pics don't show it but the driver's side side strake was torn completely off.

The bottom line is: "Unless you hnow the road is clear of debris (or other impediments) this could happen to you".

Glad your OK Mark. Did you lift in a corner? Over correct?
At any rate be more careful with that thing once you get it fixed.
That supercharger really changes the characteristics of that car.
I know how tempting those open roads are, but you just said it yourself. You just never know what's on the roads.

How does this effect your plans for NSXPO? Anyone going to do a rush job for ya?
Well in the pics you seem able to still smile, good take it and stride and learn from it.
Glad you are OK.

Len

len3.8 said:
...How does this effect your plans for NSXPO? Anyone going to do a rush job for ya?...
I won't be attending NSXPO. There is always next year. As far as a rush job goes in KC, there aren't enough places that work on exotics like in StL.

I learned what promises to be an expensive lesson. I think I will be doing my spirited driving on the track from no on -- it's safer.

Quote: As far as a rush job goes in KC, there aren't enough places that work on exotics like in StL.

Don't I know that. Mine is in the garage sitting on blocks right now. It will make it's mecca out west in the near future.

As far as saving it for the track, I hear ya.
Just get it fix and take your time getting used to all of that power.
Regards
Len

Ouch! All NSX's body-work usually take at least 10 days.

Mark, once again....I hope everything turns out ok for you. Here is the picture of your side skirt missing:(

Attachments

• mvc-007s.jpg
    mvc-007s.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 770
Mark, really sorry to hear about you incident! Glad your ok. Anyways, this might give you a chance to throw on some ww sides and possibly lower the NSX if they are going to be removing any of your suspension parts and save you some money on labor since they might be in there anyways. Just a thought.
Good Luck
Z

NSX FoYoAss said:
Mark, really sorry to hear about you incident! Glad your ok. Anyways, this might give you a chance to throw on some ww sides and possibly lower the NSX if they are going to be removing any of your suspension parts and save you some money on labor since they might be in there anyways. Just a thought.
Good Luck
Z

werd:cool:

At least you are smiling, I would be crying. Glad nobody got hurt.

oh no!! poor nsx. glad to hear no one was hurt!
don't let something like that stop you from going on spirited drives though!! isn't that why we all bought our cars??

Wow, I'm sad to see this happen to such a nice car. I hope everything gets fixed okay! Maybe you'll still be able to make the New Mexico Fall Road Trip on the 25th still! If not, we'll be thinking of ya. :)

Chuck

Wow, it's sad to see that too, but, it could be worse.

At least your car is not stranded and the local "Authority" didn't show up and issue you a ticket.

Did you just drive off the "site" or actually your friends there help you pull the car out from the ditch??

I actually drove out of the field. There wasn't really any ditch (lucky) just a slope off the road (see the 3rd and 4th pic).

Although I doubt I will give up spirited drives, I know I will be going a little slower in curves from now on.

Mark,

sorry to see what happen to your baby, but, i am glad you guys are not hurt.

since your car has supercharger, do you have hard time with traction when it is boosting? and boost during hardcornering?

you might want to consider in investing in "RaceLogic traction control". Same technology that F1 are using and the samething that many Supra tt owners are running on. All of them claimed that it greatly enhance traction (almost no wheel spin at all -straightline or cornering) and safer cornering too. Dry or wet.

http://www.racelogic.co.uk/traction.htm

the kit is under $ 1,000.. maybe a investment to consider

-jjc.
blk supra 6spds
red nsx 6spds

Sorry to see that happen to you!:(

glad you are ok.

will you still be able to make it to TWS?:) ;)

Back