• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Spoon caliper install

When I was trying to find what it would take to get the Spoon monoblocks to fit our NSX's, I couldnt find any installation info. I hope this helps someone.

The calipers are the Spoon monoblock 45020-MBF-GOO (Accord type R/TSX). The brake pads I used were RSX type S. S2000 pads will work (I was told). Not sure if AP1 or AP2 apply. The brake pad needed to be modified slightly (pad clip needed to be removed). My car is a 99 so my factory rotors work fine.

IMAG0120.jpg

The dust shield had to be modified for the mounting bracket
IMAG0116.jpg

IMAG0117.jpg

Installation is pretty easy.
IMAG0119.jpg

My wheels ( Dazz Matiz ) needed a 5mm spacer to clear the caliper.
IMAG0121.jpg

Last edited:
I added that info to my first post. I just used my factory rotors.

nice job! would the monoblocks from an s2000 work? i know they are mounted on the opposite side on the s2000 rotor, but does it make a difference if the bleed screw is on the bottom instead of the top?

While trying to find the correct calipers, I was in contact with Mark at Opak Racing. He told me the rear mounted S2000 calipers were incorrect for the NSX. The pistons in the calipers are in different configurations for front/rear mounted calipers.

will these clear stock na2 nsx wheels?

so what do wee use for the rear s2000?

if say we wanted to run spoon front and rear

Last edited:
I will answer a couple of questions......

My Dazz wheels have a 37mm offset. The wheels cleared the stock calipers without the spacer. The caliper bracket will come with the calipers.

I am not sure if they will clear NA2 wheels as I don't have any to test out. I also did not change my rear pads. I couldnt find rear Spoon pads for the NSX.

Thank you

Glad I could help. They look great with silverstone.

A rolling pic

NSXROLLING2-1.jpg

Last edited:
I had these calipers on my S2000 and used them for track duty. They save some weight and do provide a nicer brake pedal feel for street driving and track days.

I too am wondering what size spacer will be necessary if any for 2002+ oem 17inch front rim.

how much bigger are these compared to na1 or na2 calipers

Last edited:
My car is at the shop so I cant measure but here are some pics for reference.

DSCN4784-2.jpg

IMAG0119.jpg
DSCN4779-1.jpg

DSCN4789.jpg

this was installed on a na2 brakes correct?

what you gonna do about the rears? just paint match it?

These were NA2. I am not going to worry about the rears as I have thought about going a new route with a new BBK

New bbk all around ?

nice job! would the monoblocks from an s2000 work? i know they are mounted on the opposite side on the s2000 rotor, but does it make a difference if the bleed screw is on the bottom instead of the top?

Should, just flip the caliper on opposite sides so the bleed screw is on top.

Turns out the brackets are same from accord, s2000, prelude and odyssey on most of the early models so any of those BBK could also bolt up to NSX...

Should, just flip the caliper on opposite sides so the bleed screw is on top.

Turns out the brackets are same from accord, s2000, prelude and odyssey on most of the early models so any of those BBK could also bolt up to NSX...

is this confirmed?

I can confirm NSX brakes fit my Prelude mount bracket.

A great resource for this is Bryan @ Fastbrakes, he know's just about every Honda/Acura interchangeable fitment possible off the top off his head including what mods are necessary to achieve it.

Back