• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

sport bikes

New to the Fold.
Gonna leave it boxed stock for awhile.
Well maybe a 2 brothers exhaust.

Len

Attachments

• bmw.jpg
    bmw.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 935
Last edited:
nice BMW Len - folks seem to really love those bikes and I hear they're great for 2-up touring

Thanks Guys, I have really wanted the bike since it came out. Everything except the ridiculous price. 18K This bike was owned buy a friend that paid that ridiculous price, rode it for 200 miles and didn't like it. He traded it in as well as another bike for another BMW.
I wasn't interested in the price he offered it up to me for. I was out looking at bikes the last few days and saw it at our BMW dealer. I wasn't even going to ask them the price. After sitting on it and drooling all over it, I just decided to see what they were asking. The price was significantly less than what he had told me, but it was still on consignment.. Why? Someone had purchased the bike and put 500 miles on it, decided that they did not like it and brought it back... They must have passed a couple of grand of depreciation on to him... I simply asked if there had been any new damages or anything that needed to be repaired after the other guy had the bike... No was the answer... At the time I was deciding between the Ducati ST3, Honda ST1300, Honda CBR1100XX.. The BMW would have normally been well out of this price range... I can ride this for 2 or so years and most likely loose very little $$$$$.
I like the seating position, I like the heated grips and seats, the power is more than enough for me... Just enough sport in the design for the twisties.. Just enough touring for the long hauls that I run every now and then.. 500 miles or so on a given day.
I have not done any major touring, but I am working my way that way.. I tend to switch up on cars and bikes, so I wanted to buy something that I would not loose my shirt on when/if I decided to sell... The bike is basically brand new. 700 miles, 200 of them I know how it was treated, the other 500 were a round trip to southern Missouri... It still has about 21 months of BMW warranty.
As far as the 2up touring, My wife will not get on the bike as of yet. She vows not to be a passenger, she wants to ride or nothing, so she will be taking safety classes for awhile..
Truthfully, she has problems on her bike;)
If it were not raining like crazy, I would give a riding impression.
Looks like that is not going to happen until this weekend..
I will post actual pics in a day or so. I am having the 600 mile service done...
I am excited about the bike. At least until my wife sees that check clear.... I have about a week of peace.. Can you say kiss some major butt?;)

Last edited:
huckster said:
nice. nice lines. I dont know that much about touring bikes---tell me why you picked that specific bike?

Huckster, you said it right off the back. The lines drove me crazy.
The Ducati ST3 or ST4(s) just as well. But this bike was my favorite by far... To me, there isn't a sports tourer that looks better.

It has 130HP, 85ftlbs, ABS and linked brakes, Shaft drive, heated grips and Seating, Cruise control, Adjustable wind screen, electrical aux, and it fits me dang near perfect..
It is heavy, but not a true porker...
The build quality is excellent and it gets about 42mpg, I will save some $$$ on gas, it's a commuters summer for me this summer.
It also takes the edge off while I wait for the NSX to be completed.

I am in the Bike parts business, so I did not buy these bikes just to ride them, but to do development.

2004 R1
2004 ZX10R
2004 CBR1000RR

Here is the HP charts for the four 1000CC 2004 bikes all stock, most had about 100 miles on them at the time of the dyno runs.

Dyno%202004%201000's2%20Large%20e-mail%20view.jpg

Well guys it's official, I have found myself a keeper.
I really like this bike A LOT. Smooth power, not the fastest, but fast enough for me... Very good brakes, awesome manueverabiity. Heavy compared to a true sport bike, light compared to my VTX1800. Comfortable as heck...
IIII LIIIIIIIKE it!!!!!

Attachments

• bmw1.jpg
    bmw1.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 2,024
The power bikes are putting out today is insane.

the 03 cbr 954 i just bought is really an easy bike to ride fast, but it is undoubtedly much more than i really need. My wife is really encouraging another life insurance policy :eek:

i just bought this new for 8600$ out the door. Anybody know if that is best price? Im thinking, since this model is the slowest in its class, that is why such good deals on last years model.

There was also an 02 brand new, that dealer would sell for 8300$.

Huckster, KONSX has a CBR as well, Got it a few months ago.
He really likes it. He is getting something or another done to attract the ladies. It's a nice bike.
Post some pics of these bikes guys, those that have not done so.
I am sorry. I just love looking at the neat stuff you guys have.
I like to see people enjoying their lives.

Last edited:
A 2001 w/only 400 miles? Does it have a salvage title? Someone needs to ride that thing! Check out www.kbb.com to see retail pricing info. and www.cycletrader.com to see what used ones are going for. I would guess somewhere between $5000-$6500.

just got one

I just pick up a CBR 1000RR

All Black with silver honda logo.
I love how this bike looks, It was a impluse buy and i could
not pass up the deal.

will post pic's when i get a chance

Not salvaged. The bike has never been dropped! It is so perfect. I wanted to buy it but my wife wont let me considering we have a baby now. I think my buddy is looking to get $6200 so looks like hes in the ballpark :)

NO1ZX6R said:
A 2001 w/only 400 miles? Does it have a salvage title? Someone needs to ride that thing! Check out www.kbb.com to see retail pricing info. and www.cycletrader.com to see what used ones are going for. I would guess somewhere between $5000-$6500.

hey len3.8. we should try to get some people together for a ride, maybe over in mid missouri?

with fam and kids im pretty tied up, but i know early/mid august my family is gonna be out of town (getting floors redone).

Well guys, after a Few thousand miles, I have decided to go More SPORT tourer than sport TOURER. I picked up the Honda CBR1100XX, and I must say that I like it more than the BMW.
Lighter:) , better power band, handles much better, faster.
It's not a true sport bike, it has a long wheel base and it's heavy in comparison. However, compared to the BMW, I can manuever it much easier. I am getting used to the slightly more agressive seating position, I am going to cheat and add Heli bars.
I love the bike and plan on holding on to it for awhile.
Here's a pic.

Attachments

• cbrxx.jpg
    cbrxx.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 823
huckster said:
hey len3.8. we should try to get some people together for a ride, maybe over in mid missouri?

with fam and kids im pretty tied up, but i know early/mid august my family is gonna be out of town (getting floors redone).

Mid August I will be ready for this ride Huckster. Let's get something setup. Keep in mind I am conservative:)

Cetro, Very nice. That Duc looks very wicked.
I also like the undertail on the Honda. Was it a pain to put on?
Len

Last edited:
hey len, nice choice. yeah, i think i qualify as pretty conservative. im still second guessin my choice of 'sportsbike' instead of tourer. i cant keep the front wheel on the ground!!

im thinking somewhere between 8/16-8/22. let me know.

Huckster, Dates sound good to me. I will check with, namely KO-NSX, Another few friends, to see what we can come up with.
Those dates are ideal with me as well. I will PM you in a day or so after I put some feelers out....

Can't keep that front wheel down hungh? I let my cousin ride mine and he had that problem as well.. I would have been nervous, but he is the one that tought me to ride when we were about 10 years old.

I gotta get these old hip joints used to the more crouched position. It gets kinda numb in the right joint, I am hoping it's just the muscles asking me, what the hell are you doing?

I've got a new windscreen coming and the bar risers. I also have some new tires in route. I will be ready for a long one in a week or two, so I am within that time frame that you are suggesting.

As far as your second guessing, I'll let you ride mine, if you want. It's kinda in the middle.

Len,

I have a CBR1100XX also. Mine is a 97 which has carbs. I have the Factoy Pro titanium jet kit, a full Akrapovic system, Corbin seat (with the gunfiter), and a Zero-Gravidy windscreen. I also have a full set of Givi Bags which I hardly ever use.

It is a great bike and a good choice between sport and touring. I think it is more sport!

If you are interested in the Givi bags I have, let me know.

Take care and enjoy the XX!

Nate in DC

Back