• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Spotted Black NSX--pulled over by a cop.

Like I said in the subject line....who was it that got pull over by a motorcyle cop around 11:30am on Brookhurst/Mcfadden? I hoping for the best for you buddy...like a warning?

bummer

they only nsx around that area that i can think off is ericks.

PoohBEAR said:
or William?...or Rico? Definitely NOT Eric....We chatted already :)

It was neither one of us. We were pulled over in Brea :biggrin:

dude that was ME !!!! fucking radar cop. haha, i saw a sick red nsx go by ! i got caught going 57 mph on a 40mph zone.... damn, they always get me when im not looking out for them and that rarely ever happens. and i just got a ticket 3 weeks ago too... damn.. i am assed out ! nice meetin gyou for that second by the way.....

2fastxeg said:
dude that was ME !!!! fucking radar cop. haha, i saw a sick red nsx go by ! i got caught going 57 mph on a 40mph zone.... damn, they always get me when im not looking out for them and that rarely ever happens. and i just got a ticket 3 weeks ago too... damn.. i am assed out ! nice meetin gyou for that second by the way.....

At least your Call sign is correct...
You may want to take heed....:wink:

2 tickets? buddy you need to take care of it ...ticket assasin or something. atleast go to court and try to fight....he may not show up. btw, I hope you are not using an excuse of, " hadn't I saw a red nsx, my car wouldn't be as fast." :D Anywho...that was me, the opposite direction. If you got pull over in FV, I would have made a U-turn to see who the cop was.

My suggestion...extend, extend til' you can't extend anymore than go to court as the cop may not show up....or get an attorney.

2fastxeg said:

PoohBEAR said:
2 tickets? buddy you need to take care of it ...ticket assasin or something. atleast go to court and try to fight....he may not show up. btw, I hope you are not using an excuse of, " hadn't I saw a red nsx, my car wouldn't be as fast." :D Anywho...that was me, the opposite direction. If you got pull over in FV, I would have made a U-turn to see who the cop was.

My suggestion...extend, extend til' you can't extend anymore than go to court as the cop may not show up....or get an attorney.

what happens when the cop shows up? your screwed?:confused:

It is cool that the NSX world seems connected at times like this. :D

prior officer here...

enesexdreamer said:
what happens when the cop shows up? your screwed?:confused:

No, if we(meaning police officer(s)), don't show then it gets dismissed.

If we do show then most likely it sticks.
Often the court schedule is VERY opposite of our(P.O.) own schedule. I can't count how many times court was scheduled during my only day off:mad:

So, if you keep getting it continued, alot of the time it works out, and we forget about you in our busy schedules and just don't show most of the time.

However, for those of you who show and decide to fight it(on your own w/out an attourney)...
Caution in what you say or ask, don't seem arrogant especially in front of a judge,
Don't try to make me look stupid, like I don't know my job. The judge knows I have been appointed by the state and have the proper training more then likely.
And whatever you do, don't blame someone else...for exact questions to ask feel free to pm me.

Another "almost" sure way to get out, is just call an attourney to contact the city prosecutor on your behalf to have it dropped to a non moving violation.
This works for the officer, because he does not have to go to court, the city because they make more money off your mistake, and you because it doesn't go on your record.

I DO NOT ENCOURAGE WRECKLESS DRIVING OR SPEEDING IN ANYWAY, I HAVE SEEN WAY TOOOOOO MANY BAD SITUATIONS, BUT I WOULD NOT MIND HELPING A FELLOW NSX(er) OUT, BUT SLOW DOWN!

Brandon,
I have a question for you since you're police officer. I just got a ticket for 2 moving violations (left turn w/o signaling and unsafe left turn). The officer misspelled the street name (Holley instead of Holly) and a search on Mapquest indicated that NO Holley St. exists anywhere. I had talked to another gentleman who is knowledgeable about tickets and he said I might be able to use that defense to get the ticket dismissed IF THE OFFICER DOES NOT NOTICE IT AND AMEND THE TICKET BEFORE THE COURT DATE. Is that true? I would appreciate it very much if I can get your opinions.

Thank you. Tom.

opinion

Tom,

This is one of those myths, if the cop screws up I get off right... :rolleyes:

Well, here's the deal;
If you can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that there is a street close to that name within the area (appx. 30 mile radius), then YES you can use this in your defense. Arguing that you were pulled on Holly street not Holley which is say 10 or more miles down the road for example.

Often it relies on the judge and the officers past history as well;
If the officer is known as a reputable officer, who does not just pick on anyone and everyone then the judge will side in his/her favor.
If the officer is known for screw ups or to be arrogant, then yes the judge will let you off to prove to the officer to be more professional, and not so negligent and careless.

Tom;
Prove there is a road near there with the name he wrote on the ticket, your free!
If you can't call an attourney to contact the city prosecutor to get it marked down to a non-moving violation:biggrin:

HAPPY NSXing:tongue:

hey guys well i just went to traffic school for speeding today and i want to share what i learned...

they said you shouldnt fight a ticket expecting a cop to not show because recently something was passed and now cops get paid overtime to show up to court so there is a high possibility he will show up. i mean unless he doesnt want overtime.

what i think you should do if you dont want to hassle with the judge and court is just pay your ticket and go to traffice school.

Yes there is a rule where it says you only can take ONE traffic school class throughout an 18 month period but there is way out of this. I learned in traffic school if you go to your court and you ask the clerk for an exception to have attend another traffic class within that 18 month period they WILL allow you...something like 98% of the clerks have the authority to allow you to take a 2nd class...and THEY CANNOT DENY YOU! if they do all you have to do is talk to the judge and he will let you. There is a catch though, your first citation and traffic school will be an 8 hour course and a point will not be added to your record. But your second class will be 12 hours long and your point will not be added to your record but it will say some code, the code for a point?, but in parenthesis (exempt) which basically means NO POINT AND NO HIGHER INSURANCE!

ALSO since you just got the ticket and if you havent paid it yet they also told me if you go to a clerk and ask for a price reduction there is a 50/50 chance they will allow you and if the clerk doesnt you can ask the judge. speeding tickets vary from 130-300 and can be cut in half. DOESNT HURT TO ASK.

If you do choose to fight the ticket and it actually goes through and you are found guilty the judge has the right to deny you traffic school and a point is automically added. So listen to the judge before the hearing and see what he says.

hopefully this helps you guys... i just took an 8 hour class today for going 40 in a school zone! BORING but educating...if you have any other questions feel free to ask my brain is fresh with this traffic school material

Would a radar detector prevent this from happening? If yes, then maybe I need to invest in one of those V1 radar detector..

Back