• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Spotted on Saturday in Melbourne.

A very nice looking yellow model with pop up lights. Looked to have an aftermarket front bar. Number plate 'UNIK 1'? Not 100% sure - only caught a glimpse.

Was spotted at corner of Lower Dandenong and Boundary Rd, Braeside.

A very nice looking yellow model with pop up lights. Looked to have an aftermarket front bar. Number plate 'UNIK 1'? Not 100% sure - only caught a glimpse.

Was spotted at corner of Lower Dandenong and Boundary Rd, Braeside.

I have hurd rumors of this yellow nsx that hangs around braeside, but never seen it for myself....

On a side note there is a dark green nsx that has been out the front of a panel beaters on center dandenong rd for a number of months now, called up to esquire about it but as soon as i found out it was auto i hung up =(

I have hurd rumors of this yellow nsx that hangs around braeside, but never seen it for myself....

On a side note there is a dark green nsx that has been out the front of a panel beaters on center dandenong rd for a number of months now, called up to esquire about it but as soon as i found out it was auto i hung up =(
I personally would not be put off by an auto.
You can get a six speed conversion kit and end up with a better gearbox than you would get on a manual anyway.
and considering the autos are cheaper it all works out with cost.
just a thought.

I personally would not be put off by an auto.
You can get a six speed conversion kit and end up with a better gearbox than you would get on a manual anyway.
and considering the autos are cheaper it all works out with cost.
just a thought.

Please tell me more about this six speed conversion kit! Who does it? How much is it?

I'll start snapping up autos if that is the case! '91 autos with less than 100k on them are going for AUD $17-18K FOB... in Japan!

Please tell me more about this six speed conversion kit! Who does it? How much is it?

I'll start snapping up autos if that is the case! '91 autos with less than 100k on them are going for AUD $17-18K FOB... in Japan!
Hi au nsx,
you can get the six speed gearboxes thru sos with a conversion kit,.
not cheap, with taxes and shipping round $10,000 (estimate)
I will be getting one in the near future. I have a genuine nsxr box now installed and when i get the six speed i will probably sell the nsxr box. so if anyone is interested in a nsxr 5 speed let me know.
Ben

Last edited:
Who does RAWS compliance for these? I looked on RAWS website for NSX but could not see it listed?
http://raws.infrastructure.gov.au/rawswebpublic/RAWPubSearch.asp#results

Its impossible to get AU compliance for an NSX , the only way is to front the million $ or so to do the whole crash test dummy thing and get a Raws permit, no one is that keen. Or live in Japan for a year and bring it back as a personal car. The only Imports that come through the import scheme was a small window of opportunity just prior to changing the 15 year law .

Hi au nsx,
you can get the six speed gearboxes thru sos with a conversion kit,.
not cheap, with taxes and shipping round $10,000 (estimate)
I will be getting one in the near future.

Ahh ok... Yes that is about the average price difference between an AT and MT '91 NSX in Japan...

live in Japan for a year and bring it back as a personal car..

:wink:

Just happen to remember i have seen it...woops.
Was at the autosalon last year, sorry for the terrible photos but at the time i was more interested in other car's there.
Not to mention im not a fan of those rims, big amps/subs, and any form of bodykit on the nsx, its perfect the way it is.

DSC01257.jpg

DSC01258.jpg

DSC01312.jpg

Back