• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SSR Competitions

ak said:
What kind of spacer were you running? If you are running those cheapo spacer from pepboys or similar, they'll expand/shring due to heat which would attribute to your problem.

As for lightweight wheel that does not bend, I don't think such wheel exist. Volks are certainly good and strong but they bend. Mine did...twice.. :(

The 5mm spacers were purchased online from one of the vendors.

I'll try to get a hold of some H&R spacers, hopefully they are made of a material that is less likely to change in shape.

Ken

BTW: I know that the Volks bend but it takes quite a hit to do so, what I was trying to say is that they are harder to bend than the SSR Integrals.

Re: Re: SSR Competitions

2slow2speed said:
Steven,

FYI, the 17 x 7.5 with a 42mm offset will not clear the Stoptech kit even with a 7.5mm spacer. It will probably require a 12.5mm spacer to clear.

Ken

Thanks Ken...I decided against the Competitions. I'm trying to get in touch with a Wheel expert at www.mackinindustries.com to nail down the proper off set to fit the Stoptech BBK. I really dont want to use a Spacer if at all possible. I think I like the Volk GTCs in Gun Metal for my street Rims.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Ken have you asked tire rack about fitment with oz superleggera,they are pretty light and seem to have lots of room.Also I run the ssr integral on the s2000 and I don't think it is a delicate wheel,it stands up to the crappy NE roads quite well.Also check with an Enkie vender,I seem to recal the rpo-1/rpo-2 wheel was light and cheap and had lots of spoke clearence.

docjohn said:
Ken have you asked tire rack about fitment with oz superleggera,they are pretty light and seem to have lots of room.Also I run the ssr integral on the s2000 and I don't think it is a delicate wheel,it stands up to the crappy NE roads quite well.Also check with an Enkie vender,I seem to recal the rpo-1/rpo-2 wheel was light and cheap and had lots of spoke clearence.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try to pursue the Superleggera and the Enkei's via Ben at the Wheel Boutique, the OZ office seems to be down the street from him.

The folks at Mackin have been very helpful as well, it's just that the wheels that I want need to be special ordered, or I need to wait till the next container arrives at the end of this month for some CE-28's.

From now on I'll just stick to buying Tires from the Tire Rack, and not wheels.

BTW: I bent all 4 wheels on a set of Integrals that I had on my daily driver, and I have heard horror stories about Integrals breaking up at the track too :(.

Ken

Another possibility is the TE37 17x8 et 38mm and even the 17x7.5 et 30mm. The latter is mathematically 2mm more outward than the former. I don't know if it will fit under the stock fender. I know for sure that the 17x8 will.
Also, the enkei RS5 and the new SSR Integral GT2 might be possible.
Steve

whiteNSXs said:
Another possibility is the TE37 17x8 et 38mm and even the 17x7.5 et 30mm. The latter is mathematically 2mm more outward than the former. I don't know if it will fit under the stock fender. I know for sure that the 17x8 will.
Also, the enkei RS5 and the new SSR Integral GT2 might be possible.
Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the suggestions.

The 17x7.5 30mm offset is a special order item and it would take 3 months to get the wheel.

I'll check on the 17x8 38mm tomorrow, but based on my math it might not be sufficient.

A 17x7.5 with 30mm offset will have a distance of 65.25mm from the base of the wheel that sits on the rotor to the edge of the lip of the wheel.

A 17x8 with 38mm offset will have a distance of 63.6mm.

So like you stated the 17x7.5 with 30mm offset will be further out than the 17x8 with 38mm offset.

I tried a small experiment, I tested using two 5mm spacers with my TE-37's (17x7.5 40mm offset), with the 10mm spacing it barely clears the template (it's like having a 30mm offset wheel), so I suspect that the 1.65mm difference might be really crucial, so the 17x8 in 38mm offset might not clear the Stoptechs.

Shawn (Ponyboy) has 17x8.5 with a 40mm offset and he still needed a 7.5mm spacer to clear the Stoptechs, but he has rubbing issues when the front end dives under hard braking...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22037&highlight=wheel

I'm not sure where you can even get GT2's given that the Tire Rack does not have them listed on their site yet, and they are supposed to be the master importer for SSR's here in the US.

The Enkei RS-5 is a street wheel, and probably not suitable for the track (per Enkei's website), so I'll be passing on that one.

Ken

I"m sure there's a reason behind how Stoptech designed their brake kit but I wish they designed it with more fitment issue in their mind.

2slow - so stoptech will definitely fit under Prodrive wheels?

ak said:
I"m sure there's a reason behind how Stoptech designed their brake kit but I wish they designed it with more fitment issue in their mind.

2slow - so stoptech will definitely fit under Prodrive wheels?

ak,

I test mounted all the hardware on the front end of my car,
the rotor, the bracket and the caliper then I mounted the GC-07's,
I had no problems clearing the calipers with the GC-07's.

Check with Chris at SOS, I bought my set from him.

Ken

2slow2speed said:
ak,

I test mounted all the hardware on the front end of my car,
the rotor, the bracket and the caliper then I mounted the GC-07's,
I had no problems clearing the calipers with the GC-07's.

Check with Chris at SOS, I bought my set from him.

Ken

Ken can you post a pic here of the GC-07 mounted.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Steven Spanbauer said:
Ken can you post a pic here of the GC-07 mounted.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Hi Steven,

As promised I started a wheel fitment thread for the Front Stoptech BBK, it's located here:

//http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=228037#post228037

There are some pictures of the Prodrives GC-07's there..

Ken

docjohn said:
Ken have you asked tire rack about fitment with oz superleggera,they are pretty light and seem to have lots of room.

A quick update, I went to check out BoneZ's Superleggera's on his NSX (17x8 48mm offset), the front wheels won't clear the Stoptech's without spacers.

The shape of the spokes seems to be good, but they are actually quite wide, IE they cut into the caliper relief area, and it will probably require a spacer, I could not try out a spacer because the wheel were still mounted on the car, but it was pretty obvious by just looking at the wheels.

Ken

Stoptech and Volk C28N?

Reviving an old thread based on some discussions going locally re Stoptech BBK - thanks to seeing one at ALMS this last weekend.

Does anyone know if the Volk C28N high pad 17x8 will clear the Stoptech calipers?

I will try the template on 02+ with 15 mm spacers too but thought I might ask if this has been paired.

Re: Stoptech and Volk C28N?

Reviving an old thread based on some discussions going locally re Stoptech BBK - thanks to seeing one at ALMS this last weekend.

Does anyone know if the Volk C28N high pad 17x8 will clear the Stoptech calipers?

I will try the template on 02+ with 15 mm spacers too but thought I might ask if this has been paired.

No the Volk does not with out a spacer. You may want to look at the new Advan RZ that does clear.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111811

Regards,
-- Chris

No the Volk does not with out a spacer. You may want to look at the new Advan RZ that does clear.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111811

Regards,
-- Chris

Thanks Chris for the quick reply. Since I currently have C28N wide pad, how much clearnace would they need?

The option of changing my track wheels for Stoptech is not something I am particularly keen to do at this time; I may opt for another BBK instead.

Thanks Chris for the quick reply. Since I currently have C28N wide pad, how much clearnace would they need?

The option of changing my track wheels for Stoptech is not something I am particularly keen to do at this time; I may opt for another BBK instead.

I would guess 5-7mm.

Cheers,
-- Chris

I just talked to Stoptech - product support. They will look into the feasibility and the option of incorporating such a spacer in the design of a hat; it seems the S2000 have the same issue.

While this may solve the problem for the fronts, currently flush aftermarket wheels with fenders may need different offset.

They also said a few at Stoptech have an NSX!

I just talked to Stoptech - product support. They will look into the feasibility and the option of incorporating such a spacer in the design of a hat; it seems the S2000 have the same issue.

While this may solve the problem for the fronts, currently flush aftermarket wheels with fenders may need different offset.

They also said a few at Stoptech have an NSX!
Hrant,
The problem with a thicker hat serving as spacer is the length of the stock studs not enough to give you a minimum of 1 cm bite. I have Stoptech on my black car and you are welcome to test fit your wheel on my car.
Steve

Here you go 17/18 SSR-C. I had them (from Tirerack) a while ago. Very light.

ssr-1.jpg

ssr-2.jpg

ssr-3.jpg

ssr-4.jpg

ssr-5.jpg

Back