• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SSR type F or Volk TE37

The 18x10.0 / 5x114.3 / +40, the exact size pictured on my car in the photo is not listed on the Ray's Engineering website, but it is available. This is the size needed for concave rear fitment. There are other, much more aggressive options like the 10.5" +22 rear but that is not exactly a no-mess, no fuss fit for these cars...

Here is another view showing the concave rear spokes along with the fitment. I think the look is very balanced and elegant with the straight spoked fronts.

6033374633_083c504418_b.jpg

keep in mind that you are effectively reducing your spring and shock rates and suspension response time when you go with less positive offset...

Depends on your defnition of flush but I would not go more aggressive than 45mm front and 35 rear. Some of this will just be dictated by what wheel you choose. You can't have every offset on any wheel. Some do go more aggressive, but you may be compromising performance.

We just had a big thread about this I started, its still in the top 5. Now you and another guy are asking questions regarding sizes and offsets at the same time, you should read each other's threads and the tread titled "why do we get the wrong size tire". Are you prepared to spend what TE37's cost?

The Type F is in my top 3 favorite wheels. Then again.. i'm an SSR fanboy by admittion. I've had SSRs on every car i've owned since HS :). Do people even remember the SSR Bang Vecs, SuperFins, EXC Neo?

C'mon.. how can you not like this (though i'd get them in RED)
custom-acura-nsx-ssr-typef.jpg

:cool: I love that picture.

I meant more is better Opps.

You are asking questions on your own thread that I have already discussed in other threads. Including the effects of changing the track by changing offset. I can't just rewrite everything here. There is a lot that is affected, and I haven't seen anyone here be able to give a good detailed explanation about the effects. It is very complicated. Performance depends on many, many factors. What seems to be an overriding factor for race cars is the need for more rubber. But that doesn't mean more rubber on a stock car will not be detrimental. Race cars have different suspensions, more power, run in different environments where street issues don't matter.

Your best bet is to not veer too far off of stock offsets. If you do it for looks, know that you are most likely making a compromise. Look up the stock offsets on the wiki and try to stay close. Of course you have to get the right one to allow for a wider wheel if clearance is an issue.

Last edited:
TE37SL is a classic design so you won't go wrong. Light, forged, and when others go out of style these will still be in style. They are a little too "closed" for me, meaning I like more open thinner spoke designs that show the brakes more. That is the way things are starting to trend now. But the TE37 is just a really good looking wheel and it comes in the right sizes.

Ive had 4 sets of te37's and they are hands down one of the best wheels you can have. Super lightweight, perfect for the track and look great on the street, unlimited offset/ color combos....its pretty much A PERFECT WHEEL!

Back