• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St. Louis area ownership

Hey guys. I really had planned to make it, had the X all cleaned up and ready to go. But my best little dog pal was diagnosed with lymphoma last Monday and he started chemo today. Not sure what the next few weeks will bring but I really want to be at the next C&C - it would be great to see a record NSX turnout! And I really look forward to finally meeting everyone in person.

Was good seeing you Saturday, Don. Sorry we weren't able to visit much... saw you were busy chatting with Tim.

Dave, my thoughts and prayers goes out to your dog, Teddy. Hope his treatment goes well.

Hope to see all of you before we have to store our beloved X's away for winter.

Last edited:
All back at you Ty, we never have enough time. Are you going to post a new avitar showing the lowering, spoiler and the stripes. Really looks cool! Dave, hope to meet you at some point, and hope that the chemo takes without any complications and that the healing is complete.

The cool weather now requires the entire ride to the interstate to warm up the car before I stomp on it. Don't want to do the "to the floor" thing on a cold engine, so I idle down Howdershell in 3rd. Certainly can't be accused of too much speed in 3rd most of the way. GGG
D

- - - Updated - - -

All back at you Ty, we never have enough time. Are you going to post a new avitar showing the lowering, spoiler and the stripes, or is it just because these old eyes don't catch the stripes. Really looks cool! Dave, hope to meet you at some point, and hope that the chemo takes without any complications and that the healing is complete.

The cool weather now requires the entire ride to the interstate to warm up the car before I stomp on it. Don't want to do the "to the floor" thing on a cold engine, so I idle down Howdershell in 3rd. Certainly can't be accused of too much speed in 3rd most of the way. GGG
D

sorry to hear about your dog Dave. Hopefully he will get better in no time

currently car is on stands, its getting bilsteins and eibachs treatment

My avatar is actually what it currently looks like, Don. I took the stripes off awhile ago. :wink:

Guys, thank you for your kind words for our dog. He means way more to me than any car ever has :-> He's responding extremely well to the chemo - no sickness and the lymph nodes are already shrinking. Round 1 is the worse so it looks really good from here. I'm pretty sure I can make the next C&C and will do my best to be there.

RE: suspension, I also have a set of Bilsteins, but with a set of Zanadri / S springs, waiting for winter to install. Actually this is the 2nd winter - had them last summer but didn't get it done!

Thanks! Dave

get them springs on Dave. I might be able to help you install them, we are doing mine in my garage. Doesnt look that difficult, just time consuming

I'm going to wait til winter - I like to really clean everything up when I do a job like this. Also doing all the rubber pieces in the struts, tie rod ends and steering rack bushings (SOS parts) so it will be down a week or two once I start. Don't want to miss any great Fall driving weather!

I'm going to wait til winter - I like to really clean everything up when I do a job like this. Also doing all the rubber pieces in the struts, tie rod ends and steering rack bushings (SOS parts) so it will be down a week or two once I start. Don't want to miss any great Fall driving weather!

Definitely don't wanna miss the Fall driving weather. :wink:

I had Bilsteins put on mine by Adrenaline in June of 2008. From the get go, they had a klunk- klunk when going over bumpy roads. HORRIBLE in the colder temperatures. I took it back to them immediately and of course they couldn't find ANYTHING wrong. I searched on here and supposedly they are known for being noisy until they warm up. I have to get up to Acura of Brookfield to get some work done on it, so I am going to have them go over everything with a fine tooth comb and see what they can find out.

That's interesting... I've installed Bilstein Sports (the yellow ones) on Saabs, BMWs, trucks and 911s and never had that issue, never even heard of it. I wonder if you had one, or maybe a pair, of bad shocks? I've heard plenty about Koni Sports being harsh in general, but never a bad word about Bilsteins. I'll have to do a search, but I doubt I'll decide not to install these.

That's interesting... I've installed Bilstein Sports (the yellow ones) on Saabs, BMWs, trucks and 911s and never had that issue, never even heard of it. I wonder if you had one, or maybe a pair, of bad shocks? I've heard plenty about Koni Sports being harsh in general, but never a bad word about Bilsteins. I'll have to do a search, but I doubt I'll decide not to install these.

It is VERY noticeable in the front. If you would ever like to take a ride or come over and take a look/listen- I WOULD LOVE IT!!! Again, it is wretched in the colder weather.
THANKS,
Lawrence

Lawrence - I was finally able to install the Bilsteins over the weekend and I have to say after the alignment the car rides better than ever. I did not had any of the problems you mentioned above. We should compare our cars sometime

Lawrence - I was finally able to install the Bilsteins over the weekend and I have to say after the alignment the car rides better than ever. I did not had any of the problems you mentioned above. We should compare our cars sometime

Love to sometime soon. I am going to Acura of Brookfield in the morning to get a bunch of work done on my car. They will be looking into it while I get all of the other work done on it. MAYBE one day or night next week. Drop me a PM with good days/nights and your phone #. I live at 40 & 141.

Cheers,
Lawrence

ah you live close to 141, i saw you couple weeks back on 141 while driving back from costco. A lady in her pontiac or saturn convertible was following you :) I live on 141 and olive. we live very close

ah you live close to 141, i saw you couple weeks back on 141 while driving back from costco. A lady in her pontiac or saturn convertible was following you :) I live on 141 and olive. we live very close

That would have been my lovely bride:wink: Red Saturn Sky Red Line Edition (turbo). We had just capped off. Just got back from Acura Of Brookfield, and even those wizards can't come up with what is making the noise and exactly where it is coming from. SO, if anybody else wants to come over and go for a spin and give it a shot, let me know.

Last edited:
I'm old and can't remember if I shared the new NSX in St.Louis.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2016NSX.jpg
    2016NSX.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 102
Don't I wish, just have a friend who did, shot some pics with an iphone, and we air dropped them to mine. It arrived late on a Sat. evening and left first thing Sunday morning is my understanding. Time to the Marysville Ohio plant from here is about 7 hours.

Guys, I'm planning on cleaning up the car this weekend and being at Westport next Saturday. So maybe we can have that record NSX turnout after all. Anyone else in? Look forward to meeting everyone if it happens.

Back