• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St. Louis area ownership

Here's what showed up today @ C& C. Shades of my youth. Produced 1962-64 with a 6.7L Chrysler V-8 as a Luxury touring coupe, "fastest coupe in the world". Very expensive and only 180 produced. One currently for sale for 345K. You could have a new NSX for less.

Facel-Vega_HK2_side_view.JPG
Facel Vega Hk2 Side Viewjpg Pictures">

Last edited:
New Hot Wheels 2017 NSX. Metallic Red, open windows, and pretty correct grill and tail lights.

attachment.php

Yup, my bride wanted to go to the Outlet Mall in Chesterfield, and..........................if so, I get to take the Dragon Lady, as there is a great place to park and not worry about the car on the West end. I'll take it if we go there, Chesterfield Mall or Half price books off Clarkson, along with Costco and Menards in St. Peters. Pretty fussy about taking it to the other stores, Kohls etc, though if I find a secure place, would rather drive it than the sedan. The new TLX is fun as well, so I don't mind if I have to take it, but would rather wind through the gears than piddle with the paddles. I guess I am showing my age.
D

You're a lucky guy, Don! We were heading to the Blumenhof winery on Saturday afternoon/evening and I was really looking forward to taking the X. Then my wife agreed to give a friend of hers a ride home from there, so we had to go in the BMW. Worked out for the best though as the parking at the winery was ridiculous - nasty rock roads and parking in a field, potentially surrounded by drunks as they left. I did miss the X on those lovely roads though, will have to make another trip.

Not sure if I'll make it to the last C&C at Westport this Saturday, but if I can get the car cleaned up I'll try. Anyone else going?

In the words of Martin Short, (Fraank in Father of the Bride) CCHWelcome to the wineries Mr. Wavey. The only time to take the NSX there is during the week for lunch. Otherwise to use your words "surrounded by drunks" that have no idea what an NSX is, or how wide their doors are (or even care).

Interesting experience on Saturday on approach to the Outlet Mall in the valley. Sitting at the stop light 2nd in line and a Z06 pulls up alongside, driven by a young dude. I said with a thumb up "nice sound", he says, "someday, I'll have one of those". Whoa! Recognition (and appreciation) from a very young Corvette owner?

What will the world do next! <ggg></ggg>

Tyler, was this your father who was assaulted?!? I think I just saw you on the news. If this is your family, please let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do to help.

Cruise/Meet & Coffee this Saturday if you don't already have plans. If you can't make it, depending on response/interest I may plan 1 last event/gathering this year. After that I'm shutting down the studio and waiting for Spring....

A post is up in this section of the Forum with details, some of you have met several of the drivers and have been out with us. I have been outta commission for some time now. But a few friends/enthusiasts caught up with me at an STL MotorSports event and managed to convince me to arrange a gathering to get this sleepy/overly laid back crew that is here in the STL off their collective "Duffs" for a much needed "wake-up" call as to what kind of car they own. **Yes, I am lightly joking....

You don't have to attend the Cruise if you're not necessarily in the mood. However it'd be nice to see some of you when the cruise wraps up at Peet's Coffee once we've collectively "cooled the horses". :)

So, yeah.... that's about it. You're running out of drivable weather for 2016, so why not get out with your fellow NSX'ers and remember the reason that you bought the car in the first place!!! :D

Cheers Gents!!!

Sorry I haven't been around to reply, Dave. As you now know... it was my Dad. I can't thank you, Rahul, Don and James enough for the generous donations... along with the prayers and well wishes for his well being.

He is still in the ICU and slowly healing. It's going to be a long and stressful road ahead for my family, but with the good Lord watching over us and kind friends like you guys... we will make it through. Thank you again for keeping my family in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you, Don for posting the gofundme here and in the other forum... you are much too kind. Be safe guys... and always be aware of your surroundings.

Last edited:
How many times do you see something like this? Just happened to be picking up my car with the new tires on the rear, (rides much better now), and left it overnight.
attachment.php

Attachments

• nsx3some Nov 2016.JPG
    nsx3some Nov 2016.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 240
Nice, Don! Do you know who owns the other red one?

Rahul, how's the engine rebuild going?

Tyler, happy to hear your dad is doing better, and we wish him well with the rest of his recovery! Best wishes to all of your family as you continue to deal with this.

Not sure, you know the privacy laws................................................. but I do know it is a 91 with a repainted top and perhaps a radio problem as I can see through the windows with all the stuff torn out

Hi Dave, the engine is still at the machine shop, they are taking more than to two months to get it rebuilt. I am so mad at how slow these shops work

Out to MotoExotica on Cassens in Fenton today. There's a Red 91 coupe from CA with about 42.000 for $73,000. Prices are coming up. Also a bunch of other cars including a 1954 Chevy Ambulance, One of 3 1969 Cadillac station wagons, a 1953 Buick hardtop, a Lotus Espirit, Batmobile, etc. If you can imagine a custom Bentley with outcropped fenders, and a whole lot more. A real treat to view all.

Dragon Lady out from under wraps for a trip out to St. Peters today. As always, immediate start after being on the Chaaga and under the cover for a month anyway, New rears and an oil change with very few miles. Took almost 6 miles to warm up to operating temp. Idling along at 30, and no full acceleration till she was warm. Back and covered, just had to keep the flat spots from forming on the tires and get a little run in. Nothing outstanding to match at Fast Lane IMHO, except if you're into the Shelby's. In which case for me, would be "Why?" For the extra bucks etc........................................................

In the same vein and breath below is the link to the Lambo and the Gen 2 NSX faceoff. For the Lambo, twice the cylinders and 3x on the price, almost 1.5x the HP and................................see for yourself.
Best,
Don
www.thedrive.com/supercars/5471/lam...xid=kw&kwp_0=253030&kwp_4=962141&kwp_1=461933

Hey guys!

Don, I enjoy your updates, thanks!

Tyler, I hope your dad is recovering well, both from the assault and from his treatment. Best wishes to you and your family.

Rahul, two things - Can you lead me to the source for your shift knob? You may have given me this already but I can't find anything. Got a link or something? It was round, black and weighted, correct? Also, how's the rebuild going? Hope it's back on the road soon.

I got The Little Red Whore (as my whif calls it) out on Wednesday afternoon, blew the cobwebs out for a while and it felt great. I have a nice list of winter projects I hope to start soon, but it will be off the road until done. Hope to get it all done before C&C starts and get it detailed, maybe pop for a "paint perfecting" job somewhere - that's about the last thing it could really benefit from.

OK guys, best wishes in the new year....

Last edited:
PS: Rahul, forgot to mention - someone is looking for BBS LMs in the Prime Parts Wanted forum, if you still have yours.

Hey guys!

I got The Little Red Whore (as my whif calls it) out on Wednesday afternoon, blew the cobwebs out for a while and it felt great. I have a nice list of winter projects I hope to start soon, but it will be off the road until done. Hope to get it all done before C&C starts and get it detailed, maybe pop for a "paint perfecting" job somewhere - that's about the last thing it could really benefit from.

OK guys, best wishes in the new year....

If if you are looking for paint correction talk to Roland. He did my NSX looked like I had the car painted when he got done. He does many of the cars in a car club I belong to. He is reasonable and a nice guy.

http://autoperfectionservices.com/

Thank you, I'll talk with them.

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. Good enough day to take the Lady to St. Peters and back to get the flat spots off the tires and keep her warm. Might try tomorrow as well. Was in my personal library reading Forbes, and viola' an actual ad for Acura, but......................not by Acura, by the state of Ohio. Couldn't be better. See below. Maybe Acura marketing could take a hint?????????????????
Just MHO
attachment.php

Attachments

• Nsxforbes001.jpg
    Nsxforbes001.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 167
HA! That's awesome :->

Uncovered the Lady today to make a run to TJ's. Couldn't believe how smooth, I guess she hadn't frozen up with the mild weather. Left the cover off, as we may have some lukewarm days left this week before the snow. Anyone else out? Anyone else looking? Anyone? Anyone? Buehler, Buehler, Anyone?
Grins,
D

Back