• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Status of coolnsx (Gil)

As some of you may know (and many may not) “coolnsx” (Gil) suffered a seizure last Saturday in his hotel room while attending NSXPO.

Fortunately his girlfriend Donna was with him and was able to call 911 and get him to the hospital (Spring Valley) quickly.

Gill is now resting comfortably and is undergoing many tests to determine what is going on. He is likely going to be in the hospital for a few more days.

Thanks to Tom and Doreen Ford for getting his car back to Nigel Motors and in safe keeping until Gil can take her out again (soon!).

Let's all keep him in our thoughts and prayers and I will keep everyone up to date on his status as I learn more.

Last edited:
I have been awaiting an update. Thank you very much I am glad to hear he is doing better. He will remain in my prayers.

yikes a first time siezure can be very scary for the patient as well as those around them...hopefuly it all gets resolved.

Get well soon, Gil. It was nice to finally meet you in person for our drive to Vegas. I still have your uniden walkie-talkie. So whenever you are ready and recovered, please PM me and I'll find a way to get it back to you. Thanks again and get well!

Regards,

Sam

Thanks for the update, Steve. My thoughts go out to Gil and those closest to him. Gil is one of the most genuine and nicest NSX owners in the SoCal community, and I hope for a fast, speedy, and safe recovery.

-Randy

Gil is one of the big reasons I try not to miss a major left coast event. Get well quickly gil. You still owe me a weekend in casa de leach.

Wishing the best for a speedy recovery to a fellow NSX'er

well make sure he gets lots of rest and

Dont ever take "Depakote" its very bad for your system.

also stress, sleep deprivation, and flashing lights can trigger seizures

I hope he gets better. and I am glad you guys got his car back to him.

Last edited:
OMG - Linda and I are so sorry to hear this news. Keep us posted and let Gil and Donna know if there is anything we can do to let us know. Get Well My Friend!!

Last edited:
Wow! I was not aware of what had happened. I want to wish Gil a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted.

Best,

Mario

P.S.: I will be heading back to Vegas at the end of the week or at the beginning of next week. If Gil is still in the hospital (which I hope he will not be) I would like to stop by if that is allowable.

Steve,
Thanks for the update. We have been praying that Gil is getting better. Please keep us updated.

Gil,

Although I didn't get a chance to meet you, I hope the best and a speedy recovery for you.

Ramon was supp. to introduce me to you at NSXPO. Get better so we can meet in the future.

Mike

Gil - get well soon buddy!!

Wow! I was not aware of what had happened. I want to wish Gil a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted.

Best,

Mario

P.S.: I will be heading back to Vegas at the end of the week or at the beginning of next week. If Gil is still in the hospital (which I hope he will not be) I would like to stop by if that is allowable.

Hey Mario!!! It was great eating sushi with you at Makino's on Wed night!! :biggrin:

And thanks for doing the clear corner mod next to my NSX during the NSX formation. That finally convinced me to do mine! :biggrin:

Stay in touch.
Frank

Back