• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Steel Rotors Costs Similar to CarboCeramic

With synthetic oil, C7 Z06 oil charge is about $160. NSX was about $300.
Just a heads up..... Before I posted this today... I called Jim Norton Chevrolet in Tulsa OK, and was quoted $70 by the service mgr. for a MY2016 Z06 oil change and filter using fully synthetic GM Dexos motor oil (manufactured by Mobil 1).
Sorry, but unless they were lying .... $70 bucks was there quoted price for the job.

Let's face it, oil and filter changes are kind of a loss leader at many dealerships.

My Infiniti dealer does an express service for $40. Between, the facility overhead, the service writer, the service tech, the car wash person, the consumables for the car, the in store snacks, you get the picture.

For NSX service, with around $200K in service equipment, then in store displays, staff travel and training (my service dealership has 2 NSX certified techs, the service writer and the guy who runs the service department) and for many dealerships, carrying costs for inventory that hasn't sold (I believe a dealer near where I work hasn't sold a single one and has 3 in stock), they probably aren't in the mood to provide a cheapo oil change.

Just a heads up..... Before I posted this today... I called Jim Norton Chevrolet in Tulsa OK, and was quoted $70 by the service mgr. for a MY2016 Z06 oil change and filter using fully synthetic GM Dexos motor oil (manufactured by Mobil 1).
Sorry, but unless they were lying .... $70 bucks was there quoted price for the job.

Perhaps a benefit of living in Oklahoma? Per the owner's manual track-prep guidelines, I use Mobil 1. I think the first four oil changes are free, but they charge extra for the Mobil 1.

Here's my bill. (Concord, CA (in SF Bay Area))

Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 6.48.19 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Let's face it, oil and filter changes are kind of a loss leader at many dealerships.

My Infiniti dealer does an express service for $40. Between, the facility overhead, the service writer, the service tech, the car wash person, the consumables for the car, the in store snacks, you get the picture.

For NSX service, with around $200K in service equipment, then in store displays, staff travel and training (my service dealership has 2 NSX certified techs, the service writer and the guy who runs the service department) and for many dealerships, carrying costs for inventory that hasn't sold (I believe a dealer near where I work hasn't sold a single one and has 3 in stock), they probably aren't in the mood to provide a cheapo oil change.

Exactly right. There will be no loss leader anything when it comes to service or repairs on this car. I'm not taking coupons either. It will realistically take close to two hours of a master technician's time to do a NSX oil change. That, along with the huge investment in tools and equipment to be able to sell and service the car? Not $70. Not $140. More like $4-500. Chris got an amazing deal for $300, and I bet that dealer doesn't make that mistake again.

news flash there is a 3 inch tall nascar driver who says you only need to change your oil once a years......just sayin..

Back