• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stereo & Speaker suggestions

Well my NSX was vanalized the other day and they took the stereo, speakers, and sub.

I want something to put in under $500 to hold me over until I spend another $3000 on a nice NAV system.

Any suggestions?

I just want a head unit, and 2 front speakers.

Thanks.

I've used both Elemental Design product and CDT Audio. CDT Audio is true audiphile! very nice stuff. ED is a bit less expensive, but very nice as well. ED has worked with CDT and TRU technologies (amps) for some time, and now has there own line. check out: www.cdtaudio.com and www.edesignaudio.com

hope this helps!

onefastsir said:
I've used both Elemental Design product and CDT Audio. CDT Audio is true audiphile! very nice stuff. ED is a bit less expensive, but very nice as well. ED has worked with CDT and TRU technologies (amps) for some time, and now has there own line. check out: www.cdtaudio.com and www.edesignaudio.com
errr ..... not for $500 budget.

Problem I see is that you (pumpbubble) are looking at head & speakers for $500; issue is that any decent speakers are not going to perform off the built-in amp from a head, so you're limiting the capability there for that budget.
If your goal is to ultimatley put in a higher budget system, you might want to break up your investment by at least doing something only once - like the speaker selection for example. You could always buy a low cost amp with enough power to drive them and replace it out if necessary when doing the rest of the system.
A good set of component speakers for the money that I have recommended before are the Eclipse SC 8264 which can be had for ~ $200; choose a basic 2 channel amp and an Alpine head unit to match budget/capabilities you desire & I think you can get out for maybe a little over your budget. (~$750) Don't forget to count cables, adapters & speaker mounts of course and that asumes you will be doing your install.

if it's a temporary setup, then I guess $500 would be fine. Not going to get much, but at least it's better than nothing.

Just get a decent headunit and coaxials to fill you in for the moment.

Back