• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Steve Ghent (SMGNSX) Ball Joint replacement

R13

Experienced Member
Tech Expert
I can now join several others in being very pleased with Mr. Ghent's ball joint service. Steve remained responsive through the entire process and set accurate expectations on turn-around time up-front. I shipped him my ~250,000 mile rear knuckles and control arms, and they came back looking like new with nice, snug new ball joints. They fit back on the car with no issues. I plan to have him replace the fronts as well within the year.

Thanks again Steve (if you read this).

Highly recommended.

Long overdue...Thanks to Steve Ghent (SMGNSX). I followed the recommendation on nsxcb UK forum to source lower ball-joint from Steve. Easily sorted via emails/PayPal with trouble-free delivery to Blighty.

For anyone in the UK...I had the knuckle removed from the car and sent it with the new joint to Hamlin's Engineering, Sussex for re-fit. Arranged courier collection then had re-fit + MOT test passed!!!
Links etc...on the nsxcb forum technical section.

Has anyone had their ball joints replaced recently by Steve? I looked up his account and he hasn't been active since early 2017. I have not emailed him yet but was just curious if anyone had the work done recently. It seems the only options for ball joints really and I just noticed both my upper and lower rear driver side boots have tears in them.

Oh really like the look of the carbon 6 ones.

One question is can you still get just new OEM boots cause I wonder if min reallye can be shot after just 34k miles on a 2002 or if the rubber just tore maybe when previous owner installed suspension or big brake kit.

I am talking both the upper and lower rear boots. So part 3 on the first link [FONT=&quot]51010-SL0-000 [/FONT]and part 10 in the diagdiagram part number [FONT=&quot]52225-SL0-003.[/FONT]

I can now join several others in being very pleased with Mr. Ghent's ball joint service. Steve remained responsive through the entire process and set accurate expectations on turn-around time up-front. I shipped him my ~250,000 mile rear knuckles and control arms, and they came back looking like new with nice, snug new ball joints. They fit back on the car with no issues. I plan to have him replace the fronts as well within the year.

Thanks again Steve (if you read this).

Highly recommended.
Do you have Steve Ghent's contact number or email?

Back