• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Steve Gooding Open House - July 11th

Summary - Steve Gooding Open House - July 11th

Had a great day and a great turnout for Steve Gooding's Second Annual All NSX Open House. We actually had 19 NSX's turn out for this event: (one without it's owner) and one ex-owner (Keith Smith - driving a silver 911 which wasn't too shabby and who is looking to repurchase an NSX). Three beautiful Silverstone cars, one Yellow, Darrin's gorgeous newly restored and beautifully modified "Cherry Coke" and the rest were either Red or Black!!

While we only had 16 cars there when the group picture was taken, a few owners left early, and others came late to fill the spots they vacated. Steve's from yard makes a beautiful spot with it's circular drive to assemble our cars.

Thanks Steve and Petra for the hospitality. I know we all had a great time. Although I did overhear one of the wives say "How long can they talk about replacing one single item on these cars???"

Look for a bunch of pictures shortly. Getting them downloaded.

1. John Komar- Black
2. Darrin Paley- Cherry Coke
3. John D'Alto - Red
4. Robbie Smith- Brooklands Green
5. Dave Komar- Red
6. Rick Jones- Red
7. Wayne Bunting- Silverstone
8. Jason Tower - Red
9. Alan Turner- Red
10. Tim Wallace - Black
11. Jeff Hutchinson - Silverstone
12. Ed Carney's Car (less Ed) - Black
13. Michael Paul Spier - Red
14. Russ Percenti - Red
15. Brian Mullen - Red
16. John S. - Yellow
17. Ned Owens - Red
18. Tom Baranek - Black
19. Andrew McCaskill - Silverstone
20. Keith Smith (911)

Last edited:
John and Steve,

Count me in for sure! My wife will also be coming along for the day to meet everyone!

We're looking forward to it. The 11th can not get here fast enough!

i'll be there,thanks steve for hosting and john for helping organize.i'm looking forward to it.

Dang it! I will have to miss this one. I will be in the Mother-land - Japan !!! Will be hiking up Mt. Fuji and will take some photos of cool cars if I can.

Can I bring back a Type-R suspension as carry-on luggage???

Can't believe that I am going to miss this one again! :mad:This should be a great time.

Family obligation hits on the same day. Have fun and post great pitures.

Can't believe that I am going to miss this one again! :mad:This should be a great time.

Family obligation hits on the same day. Have fun and post great pitures.

Hey Michael, bring the family with you!!! Steve won't mind!!!

John

May try to go to this. Work sucks:mad:

Chris, please try and make it. We'd love to have you join us. Besides, not many white NSX's up here in the Raleigh area! This will be great for our group picture!!

Let me know if you need directions.

John

Hey John,

This is the weekend that we go on vacation and I know you are up in another region sort of but I would come if I had my car back - which most likely won't happen till the weekend after I get back from vacation. July 25th so if you guys hold this next year I'll plan on coming then. Although you may have another get together before next year. Sure is a nice thing for you guys to put together.

See ya pal,

Tim

Hey Tim,

I'll put you on my mailing list for future events. The season is still young and we have a couple of other things planned. A possible trip to Virginia International Raceway where you could put your car on the track for some parade laps is one. In October there is a terrific Concours at the Grande Resort in Greensboro that a few of us attended (my brother got a trophy with his red '99 NSX). And Michael in Charlotte and I are considering an event down there which is about half the distance for you. And on the first Saturday(morning) of every month the Porsche Club and the Triangle Italian Motorsports Group have a cruise-in event that is very well attended with a wide variety os sports and exotic cars. On that same saturday every month in Charlotte, Michael stages a "Cars n Coffee" that draws a lot of cars as well. Again this is much closer to you.

Of course, after your drive from Houston to Nashville, Atlanta to Raleigh is just around the corner.

Hope to see you and your new NSX soon.

John

Ned, glad to hear it. Looking forward to seeing you. Make sure we meet and I get more information from you for my NC NSX directory.

You may get the prize for longest distance. How about getting together with Glenn ("edmguru" in Mooresville) and caravan together?

At any rate, we'll be looking for you. I will be posting directions on prime shortly.

John

ok Im out. work owns me:frown:

ok Im out. work owns me:frown:

Ok Chris, hopefully we'll catch you for another event. I know Steve and his wife Petra were counting on meeting their daughter's "knight in shining NSX".

Hey Michael,

Good news! Looking forward to seeing you. Driving directions to Steve's place appear in the announcement thread, along with a list of all the owners who will be attending.

John

Car is packed and ready to roll. See you tomorrow early afternoon. Am I ever ready for a nice drive!!!!!!!!!!

Your Bro

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow. Weather looks fantastic! Should be a great day!

Safe driving to everyone. :cool:

Darrin

Please take pictures and post them. Itll make me feel alot better!

Back