• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stiff clutch pedal

I replaced the clutch on my 1991 NSX approximately 4 years ago (27,000 miles). Recently I have noticed that it takes significantly more resistance to depress the clutch then ever before. I searched the NSX Prime archives but did find any pertinent information on this problem. Does anyone have any thoughts?

P.S. I have also noticed "shuddering" when starting in first gear but this can be overcome by higher revs as suggested in the FA Q.

------------------
Ron
1991 NSX (black/black)
2001 M3 (silver/red)

Is it the same clutch? If it's stiff all of a sudden, somethings wrong. BTW....I recently got CompTech's Power Grip II installed. I had to work out for a week to be able to shift!

Depends on the clutch & who did the instal?
smile.gif

The grease on the main shaft is probably inadequate, where it lubes the throwout bearing. It will get worse and worse, I do not think you can grease w/o breaking off the trans. Mark Basch will know for certain.

I seem to have the same problem. My clutch is pretty stiff. I got the car about 2 months ago with a new OEM clutch. At first, i thought its stiff becuase the clutch is still new. But after i drove it for like 15k miles, its still the same. I'm just like u wondering wats wrong. Wat i think might be the master cylinder. just my 2 cents!!!

Any ideas anyone, please help us out.

-Garrett
"What's the middle pedal for?"

Back