• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stiffed by I-Forged Wheels??

Need some feedback and advice regarding I-Forged wheels. A few years ago I picked up a set of I-Forged wheels from Science of Speed and couldn’t have been happier. Two years later one started to leak, not in warranty, sent it to I-Forged for repairs. Now two years later the same wheel is leaking. Emailed I-Forged and Steve Lin told me to send it to him (1161 N. Knollwood Circle. Anaheim, CA 92801) and that they would rebuild it. Well, 3+ weeks have gone by and NO ONE at I-Forged is responding. Numerous voice mails and e-mails and the company has gone dark on me. I have no idea what the status is or if I-Forged even exist! Frustrating. Every number I try goes to their voice mail and oddly enough Steve Lin appears to be the only contact there. I try two or three times a day and nothing.

My question; Is anyone familiar with this company? Are the folks at I-Forged just a bunch of flakes and ultimately I’ll be stiffed? I'm now looking to purchase a complete new set so I can get my X back on the road and off jackstands.
Thanks

Last edited:
I've heard numerous times in conversation
that their service stinks, only because I had a set at the time.

Need some feedback and advice regarding I-Forged wheels. A few years ago I picked up a set of I-Forged wheels from Science of Speed and couldn’t have been happier. Two years later one started to leak, not in warranty, sent it to I-Forged for repairs. Now two years later the same wheel is leaking. Emailed I-Forged and Steve Lin told me to send it to him (1161 N. Knollwood Circle. Anaheim, CA 92801) and that they would rebuild it. Well, 3+ weeks have gone by and NO ONE at I-Forged is responding. Numerous voice mails and e-mails and the company has gone dark on me. I have no idea what the status is or if I-Forged even exist! Frustrating. Every number I try goes to their voice mail and oddly enough Steve Lin appears to be the only contact there. I try two or three times a day and nothing.

My question; Is anyone familiar with this company? Are the folks at I-Forged just a bunch of flakes and ultimately I’ll be stiffed? I'm now looking to purchase a complete new set so I can get my X back on the road and off jackstands.
Thanks

Next time take the tire off and run a bead of 100% Hi-temp silicone around the seam. (on the inside) no need to separate the wheel just clean it up good. It expands and contracts with the heat better then most of the adhesives they put in between the wheel half's.

[email protected]

hes the owner, i had them on my ride before,,, when they first started out

Thanks for the feedback.

I've actually sent Vincent a note but haven't heard back. The wheel is leaking around the barrel and weld so silicone won't fix this mess. Second time for the exact same thing on the same wheel. They say they need to replace the barrel. I'm not sure how air leaks through a solid barrel, but I'm not a wheel manufacturer.

Going on 4 weeks since I've sent it to them and no one is returning my calls or emails...

Obviously this is the last I buy I-forged..

Thanks for the feedback.

I've actually sent Vincent a note but haven't heard back. The wheel is leaking around the barrel and weld so silicone won't fix this mess. Second time for the exact same thing on the same wheel. They say they need to replace the barrel. I'm not sure how air leaks through a solid barrel, but I'm not a wheel manufacturer.

Going on 4 weeks since I've sent it to them and no one is returning my calls or emails...

Obviously this is the last I buy I-forged..

I had the EXACT same problem in 2005. I bought mine from SOS. Between chris and vincent we got the problem sorted. I sent iforged the wheel and they replaced the barrel. I did take a while.

iForged does appear to have trouble with communication, and they also seem to take a while to get stuff done. These two factors make for a bad combination. I'm running iForged on one of my daily drivers, and getting those wheels and updates from them was frustrating. Try to see if you can have a vendor help you make contact.

Back