• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Still having idle issues, help please

Resurrecting this thread from the dead. First of all, thanks to OLD Guy and Mac Attack for the invaluable information provided. It seems most tuners are great at setting up and running for power but the idle circuit does require some time and finesse to get it right. And it often gets overlooked while the owner is giddy over their newfound hp/tq numbers.

This past weekend we had a group drive in Arizona. 110F so AC was mandatory. But my car would constantly stall with the AC load. Been like this for years and so i just got used to dancing on pedals while coming to a stop. What a pain in the ass on this drive. So I decided to finally fix the issue.

i followed most of Mac Attack's suggestions but was coming up a little short of what the car should idle at. i sent him some screen shots, he made four (4) recommendations and viola, the car idles. Went for a drive with the AC on and she ran like a normal car. What a novel concept. No stalls, no drama, ran petty much perfect.

So hats off to Mac Attack and others on this site who make owning an NSX such a fun proposition. It's people like this that make this THE site for NSX related info and help.

Happy to help [MENTION=25419]Valhalla[/MENTION] ! I'm impressed with how you jumped right in yourself, did a lot of research and thinking, and then were able to make changes on your own.

It seems that finding good tuners is like finding good engine builders these days - Extremely difficult. A DIY-tuning thread was started about six years ago here, but never took off unfortunately:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/170326-The-DIY-AEM-Tune-Help-Thread

Thanks for the kind words Dave. That is just how I roll. I just keep at it. Thank you for the guidance and direction.

As to the link you sent, I just went through it. Unfortunately all of the links no longer work. But if there are other owners out there that would like to know more, or attempt small changes, I think we could resurrect this thread. I'd like to know more, that's for sure.

Back