• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stock clutch+light weight/aluminum flywheel

Is anyone here using the stock clutch and pressure plate with a light weight or aluminum flywheel, and if so what kind? I did some searching and came up with stay away from anything Spec.

I have a stock clutch set waiting to be installed, but am holding off on it for a while. I have heard about some performance improvements using a light weight/aluminum flywheel so I wanted to know if it would be a good idea to use one of those flywheels with my stock clutch set. Along with what one might be good to go with in this application.

Mine is a 95 and I don't have any plans to track it or do any major mods. Thanks for your inputs.

Jason

I just got mine back today, Spec stage 1 clutch and billet lightweight
flywheel. Like it alot! My M5 also has lite flywheel, makes a huge diff, IMO.
Dont know why anyone would want to retail stock 20lb flywheel if you are changing clutch anyways :confused:
I think folks have been having problems with the Spec Stage 2 Kevlar clutches on modded engines. My mechanic has installed Spec for years with
very good results on relatively stock cars. Highly modded/SC cars are probably another matter...

Back