• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stoptech Brakes (Repainted Lambo Orange)

Enjoy, pictures don't do it justice though (you can't see the pearl)

DSC00685.jpg

DSC00686.jpg

DSC00689.jpg

More pics...
http://www.mymbonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11219

pearl orange paint :confused:
I'm not a painter but how hot can this paint get before it bakes off?

My BBK Brembo were red in front and silver in the rear but the brake dust just covers them up anyway :biggrin:

pearl orange paint :confused:
I'm not a painter but how hot can this paint get before it bakes off?

My BBK Brembo were red in front and silver in the rear but the brake dust just covers them up anyway :biggrin:

Brakes were done from a professional paint shop. They have been repainting brakes for quite sometime so I presume it should be good to go.

most street cars will never get the calipers hot enough to bake the paint off

+1. Thats very nice.

+2

Your car looks great! My rear set up is very similar....02+ valance and diffuser.

Btw, I like those wheels better than the ones in your avatar....time to update the picture, as do I! :smile:

Yesterday I spent almost the entire day at Stoptech. They were fitting the BBK on my E92 M3. I am very impressed with their products. They have more caliper choices than Brembo with different piston size combinations depending on the application. There was a dyno where they do pre-TUV testing and several CNCs where they cut out the calipers. There's a false rumor floating around that they use Brembo calipers which simply is not true. After spending time there and talking to Steve Ruiz, one of the founders and engineering manager, I have no doubt they put out as high quality a product as anyone else does. Steve bedded my pads for me. :)

That color combination is guaranteed to look perfect one day every year!

51DMYL3wBvL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

:D
ha ha, car is such a garage queen it probably does come out only once a year!

looks great but is it safer to powder coat the calipers then just sap out all seals? stronger and longer lasting?

Duplicolor, FTW!

I actually just got some Duplicolor orange, high-heat paint w/ ceramic (along w/ high-heat clear-coat) for a project... I am considering using some of it for my calipers, lol! :D

Re: Duplicolor, FTW!

I actually just got some Duplicolor orange, high-heat paint w/ ceramic (along w/ high-heat clear-coat) for a project... I am considering using some of it for my calipers, lol! :D

doesnt last long. Well after a year on my BMW it started to peel. I coated the calipers three times.
Just doesnt seat properly IMHO.

I lose...

doesnt last long. Well after a year on my BMW it started to peel. I coated the calipers three times.
Just doesnt seat properly IMHO.
Ugh, I didn't want to hear that!

I have my calipers rust-free and polished, as we speak. I had also bought the high-heat paint primer.

I planned on...

- re-clean/degrease calipers w/ wire-brush & power-rotary
- 2 coats of the high-heat primer
- 2-3 coats of the high-heat paint (add a black-pigment dye to get a darker/deeper orange-hue),
- wet-sand
- 2-3 coats of the high-heat clear-coat
- wet-sand/polish
- highlight 'NSX' script w/ silver paint-pen

I perhaps might not, now! :redface:

............Steve bedded my pads for me. :)

So.........did you cuddle after :redface: :tongue: :eek: :smile:
Too Much INFORMATION.

J/K couldn't resist :biggrin:

Good info on the caliper size. I have the big Brembo (F50 or something) and only found 2 different 17" wheels that fit the front.

i have been painting calipers for years, with just body paint...never an issue...still have to do it on my nsx....:redface:

Steven,
That looks great. The orange compliments your black NSX very well. Who did you used to paint your calipers?

Re: I lose...

Ugh, I didn't want to hear that!

I have my calipers rust-free and polished, as we speak. I had also bought the high-heat paint primer.

I planned on...

- re-clean/degrease calipers w/ wire-brush & power-rotary
- 2 coats of the high-heat primer
- 2-3 coats of the high-heat paint (add a black-pigment dye to get a darker/deeper orange-hue),
- wet-sand
- 2-3 coats of the high-heat clear-coat
- wet-sand/polish
- highlight 'NSX' script w/ silver paint-pen

I perhaps might not, now! :redface:

The whole idea of DIY the brakes with spray paint is that, if it chipped or peeled, grip your wire brush and reapply. If you are painting your OEM calipers, it really don't worth your time and effort to wet sand it.

Nice paint job on the car.... almost like mirror finished!! :eek:

Original paint on the car (17 years old) Car is always in the garage. The previous owner also stored it in the garage and never drove it since he traveled so much.

Back