• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Straight Pipe

ChopsJazz said:
nsxnitro, you got a lot of differing advice here. Some of it helpful, some of it not. But a few of us simply asked, why?

How about an answer? Why? :confused:
Sup! Ken

Why? I am into Race bike and love the way straight pipe sounds and when I redline its best feeling that's all. Im running 110oct on my superbike R1 with Straight pipe n it sounds pretty bad A$$....

superfish said:
i was glad to see this post, I recently discovered a bad cat converter on my 2000 FI NSX and was gonna do away with the cats atleast the set that is bad. Will it be that much louder getting rid of the one set?

If you want to here what a f/i nsx sounds like w/o a cat and all test pipes i will be glad to post it for you. i will make sure its sounds as close as it does in real life. just pm me or leave a message here.

nsxnitro said:
Sup! Ken

Why? I am into Race bike and love the way straight pipe sounds and when I redline its best feeling that's all. Im running 110oct on my superbike R1 with Straight pipe n it sounds pretty bad A$$....

the only downside is that a sport bike makes a high pitched noise due to the high rpms, and a six cylinder NSX sounds like an overweight wrestler who ate way too many beans for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and let it all go at the same time.:eek: I have straight pipes on the track car, for weight purposes only. It does make rev matching much easier though:D

ncdogdoc said:
the only downside is that a sport bike makes a high pitched noise due to the high rpms, and a six cylinder NSX sounds like an overweight wrestler who ate way too many beans for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and let it all go at the same time.:eek: I have straight pipes on the track car, for weight purposes only. It does make rev matching much easier though:D

I agreed with you, NO comparison to superbike but I just like the way it sounds, Can you post some sound clips? Thanks

i have it posted sometime next week i have to go pick-up a mbquarts mic from a friend of mine

Hey I just put my straight pipe on my 2004 NSX with CTSC and its SOOOOOO Awesome..... amount of power im feeling and it pulls much better then before with stock cat. I was very worried about the O2 sensor but It didn't even come on at all. well! Im ready to put fuel management on my NSX "my next project" can't wait til to see my Dyno.... I'll keep you guys posted

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'll try to posted sound clip and pictures later on

nsxnitro said:
Hey I just put my straight pipe on my 2004 NSX with CTSC and its SOOOOOO Awesome..... amount of power im feeling and it pulls much better then before with stock cat. I was very worried about the O2 sensor but It didn't even come on at all.

Glad to hear everything worked out. In the event your light does come on, pull the clock fuse for 30 seconds under the hood. It sometimes takes a reset to adjust when going from OEM.

nsxnitro said:
Im ready to put fuel management on my NSX "my next project" can't wait til to see my Dyno.... I'll keep you guys posted

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'll try to posted sound clip and pictures later on

Hmm... perhaps now that you have your test pipes in, as a next project we can have you remove & plug your EGR valve, and install a fuel dump so as to not cut the fuel on upshifts..

I'm sure those are about as equally popular "mods" with the masses..

:wink:

rasir_x said:
If you want to here what a f/i nsx sounds like w/o a cat and all test pipes i will be glad to post it for you. i will make sure its sounds as close as it does in real life. just pm me or leave a message here.

still waiting.......:biggrin:

nsxnitro,

Did you replace your cats with straight pipes while still using the muffler, or did you put straight pipes after the header/manifold all the way back with no muffler? If it's the later then I'd like to hear it.

I will do it tommorow on sunday. It started snowing last night when i left downtown and almost put it into a light pole when i hit some icy patch going 10 mph. traction control came on and the back end started moving out from behind me. missed by an inch from the driver front and a few inches in the rear didn't hit anything though. snow should be clean on sunday so i may take it out weather permitting.

John@Microsoft said:
Glad to hear everything worked out. In the event your light does come on, pull the clock fuse for 30 seconds under the hood. It sometimes takes a reset to adjust when going from OEM.

Hmm... perhaps now that you have your test pipes in, as a next project we can have you remove & plug your EGR valve, and install a fuel dump so as to not cut the fuel on upshifts..

I'm sure those are about as equally popular "mods" with the masses..

:wink:

Good to know, Thanks John

Veleno said:
nsxnitro,

Did you replace your cats with straight pipes while still using the muffler, or did you put straight pipes after the header/manifold all the way back with no muffler? If it's the later then I'd like to hear it.

Yea, I still my exhaust, just replaced cat to straight pipe, i have one picture that i can posted but dont have time to uploand the pic yet... I'll try to record some sound clip n post it for you later

Here is the sound clips first one is the engine reving parked with the microphone outside the car. The second is a road test with the microphone inside the car. Sorry the microphone picked up a cell phone call in the middle of the second recording. The car has a supercharger, air box, headers, test pipe, and exhaust. All from comptech. Right click and save as.

https://home.comcast.net/~lowcarbarchitecture/mp3/Comptech_S.C._NSX_Engine_Rev.mp3

https://home.comcast.net/~lowcarbarchitecture/mp3/Comptech_S.C._NSX_Road_Test.mp3

rasir_x said:
Here is the sound clips first one is the engine reving parked with the microphone outside the car. The second is a road test with the microphone inside the car. Sorry the microphone picked up a cell phone call in the middle of the second recording. The car has a supercharger, air box, headers, test pipe, and exhaust. All from comptech. Right click and save as.

https://home.comcast.net/~lowcarbarchitecture/mp3/Comptech_S.C._NSX_Engine_Rev.mp3

https://home.comcast.net/~lowcarbarchitecture/mp3/Comptech_S.C._NSX_Road_Test.mp3

thanks....

I plan on getting the CTSC this summer but wanted to install test pipes on my 00 NSX. Anyone know the power gain on all motor. I know on FI power is pretty high.

760NSX said:
I plan on getting the CTSC this summer but wanted to install test pipes on my 00 NSX. Anyone know the power gain on all motor. I know on FI power is pretty high.

I have 2004 Silver NSX CTSC w/Straight Pipe and got my first Dyno today.... check it out:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
dynothomas4wm.jpg

DAMN I need to get that new CTSC. For sure over 400rwhp with 9psi.

Thomas I just recently dynoed my 00 NSX with headers/exhuast and intake made 290rwhp not bad.

760NSX said:
DAMN I need to get that new CTSC. For sure over 400rwhp with 9psi.

Thomas I just recently dynoed my 00 NSX with headers/exhuast and intake made 290rwhp not bad.

Yea! CTSC "autorotor is awesome bro.... 290rwhp not bad at all

Back