• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Strange Brake issue

I searched and couldn't find anyone that had a similar problem in the threads. What happens is if I let the car idle in one spot for a while with or without the brakes applied a short time after I start driving again the pedal becomes solid and the brakes apply themselves slowly harder and harder. After about a mile they are close to being locked up.

If I disconnect the vacuum line from the booster they release. Also If I turn the car off after an hour or so it's fine again. I can drive hundreds of miles and its fine but if I idle for 5 minutes or so it does it. I'm guessing it's the master cylinder but I'm not sure. If anyone has input I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

I'm guessing it's the master cylinder but I'm not sure.

I would point on the booster itself not the master cylinder. The vaccum hose seems to explain this. Very strange indeed and never heard of but booster failures are very, very rare indeed.

Just about impossible for the NSX brake master to leak fluid into the booster.... Quite the internal shoulder to overcome on the NSX booster, it will strongly favor leaking onto the floor first.

Are you losing fluid and it is not showing up anywhere? (anywhere = bottom of booster, garage floor or inside compartment)

The manual goes over the booster internals very extensively, if you are handy you might consider doing some tests and, if warranted, break it open for repairs.

Drew

Last edited:
Back