• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Streets Of Willow track video, 1:24 lap

Got a new microphone, watch in HD for best sound.

----------------------

Finally got the car back out too Streets after almost two years since rebuilding it. Its basically a totally different car since last time here. This was the first session of the day and I was still trying to figure out shift and braking points.

I got the dreaded CEL on my second warm up lap but decided to put a couple flyers in the bank anyways too see how the car felt.

With only the few laps back in the saddle, no vtec and zero change to the dampers, pressures or wing it still ran a strong 1:24:6, among the fastest of the day and not too far off from my previous PB.
with some fine tuning to damper compression and tire pressures im sure it will be a consistent mid 23 and possibly a low 1:21 on a fast day

I spent the rest of the sessions after this giving ridealongs and resetting my ECU, im going to get the problem solved once and for all soon. Anyways, Enjoy!

New Mic sounds good.

Hope you get this oil thing worked out, these types of issues are very frustrating.

Dave

That's freakin awesome Will. Good work buddy!
I'll probably be able to do 1:21 if they can get rid of all the turns and I can just go straight!! :tongue:

Thanks guys!

Mic is made by Polar Pro for the GoPro3 I had to drill out a provision in the case to fit it but Its doing pretty well. Mic is attached to the camera so theres no special placement, yes it really is that loud next to my head on the track.

Im going to have the motor taken apart and scoped for debris in the oil passages once I finish my other build. i just dont have it in me to take it all apart myself again so soon after getting it back together. I also can't handle having two cars down at once. For now its in storage waiting for its turn. ill be back out there soon enough in my monster ae86 build, now THAT car should be a handful.

Back